Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 350

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2018-06-26, 09:43 PM)sjappie Wrote: Good time to buy?

In terms of the method, it meets a few of the criteria that we look for, but not all yet. So you would be looking to buy on a daily close above the 2.33 level on at least 3x the average daily volume imo. And then ideally by the end of the week of the breakout it would also need to have had at least 2x the 4 week average volume.

Also, I note that you are using the RSI indicator on your chart. This is not part of Stan Wenstein's method as the RSI only compares a stock to itself. With Weinstein's method you need to compare stocks to the market, as you want stocks that are outperforming the market. So you need the Relative performance versus the S&P 500 with a 52 week moving average to create the "zero line" of the Mansfield RS indicator - which can be easily created on the trading view software that you are using in the custom code tool. There is examples of how to create the Mansfield RS indicator in another thread on the site.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2018-06-26, 10:06 PM)isatrader Wrote:

In terms of the method, it meets a few of the criteria that we look for, but not all yet. So you would be looking to buy on a daily close above the 2.33 level on at least 3x the average daily volume imo. And then ideally by the end of the week of the breakout it would also need to have had at least 2x the 4 week average volume.

thnx

(2018-06-26, 10:06 PM)isatrader Wrote:

Also, I note that you are using the RSI indicator on your chart. This is not part of Stan Wenstein's method as the RSI only compares a stock to itself. With Weinstein's method you need to compare stocks to the market, as you want stocks that are outperforming the market. So you need the Relative performance versus the S&P 500 with a 52 week moving average to create the "zero line" of the Mansfield RS indicator - which can be easily created on the trading view software that you are using in the custom code tool. There is examples of how to create the Mansfield RS indicator in another thread on the site.

Good high volume today for ROYT, waiting for tomorrow.

For the watchlist - ATA.TO, FNJN, FNKO, GBX, LEE, NSU.TO

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

For the watchlist from thursdays scans - CVG, GBX, HOS, KIDS, SDLP

isatrader

For the watchlist - BIOS, BVX, CISN, QNST, SFIX, VC

isatrader

(2018-07-08, 03:47 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the watchlist - BIOS, BVX, CISN, QNST, SFIX, VC

Hi Isa!

Just want to thank you again for maintaining this great site! I keep using as a well of inspiration. Pcabc intermittent note's are also a good read, very refreshing and honest. Makes me reflect on my own progress a trader and human.

All the best.

Regards,

Patrick

(2018-07-08, 10:06 PM)badcharts Wrote: Just want to thank you again for maintaining this great site! I keep using as a well of inspiration. Pcabc intermittent note's are also a good read, very refreshing and honest. Makes me reflect on my own progress a trader and human.

Not sure what to say in reply to that except thank you.

Pete