Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 335

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

Yes, but: don't forget that in Stan Weinstein method, you should short stocks that had huge uptrends (hence, hugely overvalued). In addition, you are going to short a stock while we're not in a bear market.

(This post was last modified: 2018-03-27, 08:03 PM by ephemere.)

(2018-03-24, 12:42 AM)kero Wrote: Yes, but: don't forget that in Stan Weinstein method, you should short stocks that had huge uptrends (hence, hugely overvalued). In addition, you are going to short a stock while we're not in a bear market.

I agree with you on the fact that this (French) stock didn't have a really strong stage 2. But still, I find its bearish pattern very interesting. That's why I decided to short-sell that stock.

... it's like CORNING INC. on the New York Stock Exchange. I really do like its bearish pattern :

http://www.charts.hebfree.org/GLW_phase_3.html

... with a very weak relative strength (compared to the S&P 500). That's why I also short-sold that one too.

Hi,

I did this analysis for corning. At the time it was in early stage 4.

https://twitter.com/badcharts1/status/97...45601?s=20

Regards,

Patrick

(2018-03-27, 07:36 PM)ephemere Wrote:
(2018-03-24, 12:42 AM)kero Wrote: Yes, but: don't forget that in Stan Weinstein method, you should short stocks that had huge uptrends (hence, hugely overvalued). In addition, you are going to short a stock while we're not in a bear market.

I agree with you on the fact that this (French) stock didn't have a really strong stage 2. But still, I find its bearish pattern very interesting. That's why I decided to short-sell that stock.

... it's like CORNING INC. on the New York Stock Exchange. I really do like its bearish pattern :

http://www.charts.hebfree.org/GLW_phase_3.html

... with a very weak relative strength (compared to the S&P 500). That's why I also short-sold that one too.

Put a fork in it man... This market is done for now.

Looks like there might still be life in the market yet, so here's today's additions to the watchlist - CIB, CMCL, CPST, ENIC, FNJN, HOME, KEX, LGO.TO, SENS

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A quick follow up post on SENS from last nights watchlist post. SENS had another strong day to close the week just off it's highs with 3.95x the 200 day average volume. So it made a Stage 2 breakout imo closing above the highs from last year on 4.69 x the 52 week average volume, and 2.16 x the 4 week average volume.

Relative performance also made at new 52 week high above a rising “zero line”, and it's well above weekly cloud resistance. So is in good shape on it own merits, meeting all four major requirements of the method.

However, an important part of the method is looking at the market and the sector as well. So some negatives to consider at the moment are the market; as although it didn't breakdown this week; it remains in Stage 3. So a directionless /volatile market for the time being until it breaks one way or the other again. And also the method is very concerned with the sector and subsector of the stock. So in this case that is Health Care and the subsector is Medical Equipment. Both of which are in similar shape as the market, although maybe you could argue that Medical Equipment is still in Stage 2B- as it hasn't closed below the 30 week MA yet. But there's not much difference between the two.

So there's additional risk at the moment due to the market Stage. So what would be an A+ candidate if the market and sector was in Stage 2, should be downgraded to at most a B grade candidate in this Stage 3 market and sector. So it's still tradable in my opinion, but has additional risk to consider.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2018-04-07, 09:08 AM by kero.)

About sectors: also consider that in this case the sector has, if I remember correctly, a good relative strength vs the market.