Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 328

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

For the watchlist from tonights scans - BTO.TO, SFUN, IFN, GSG, LEM.V, UEPS, NEE.V, SD

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2017-12-28, 01:29 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the watchlist from yesterdays scans - AXAS, APPN, CBW.V, FND, GALT, JJU, JJM, GSP, JCO.V, LGO.TO, MGW.V, HIP.V, ROYT, DBC

Note: Am noticing a number of oil and commodity stocks in the scans, with multiple commodity indexes at breakout levels. I've been looking for potential areas ...

I've noted that a number of the larger UK listed miners are or are on the cusp of breaking out. Volume is generally low though.

(2017-12-30, 04:09 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2017-12-28, 01:29 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the watchlist from yesterdays scans - AXAS, APPN, CBW.V, FND, GALT, JJU, JJM, GSP, JCO.V, LGO.TO, MGW.V, HIP.V, ROYT, DBC

Note: Am noticing a number of oil and commodity stocks in the scans, with multiple commodity indexes at breakout levels. I've been looking for potential areas ...

I've noted that a number of the larger UK listed miners are or are on the cusp of breaking out. Volume is generally low though.

With the method, volume is meant to come on, and following the breakout day. So low volume before the breakout isn't necessarily a bad thing, as at that point it's the weekly setup, relative performance and potential resistance that matters most. But once breakouts occur we want to see very strong volume in all stocks in that specific subsector that the stock is in. The Canadian cannabis stocks are the best example I've seen of this recently that Shaun highlighted.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2017-12-30, 04:30 PM)isatrader Wrote: I've noted that a number of the larger UK listed miners are or are on the cusp of breaking out. Volume is generally low though.

With the method, volume is meant to come on, and following the breakout day. So low volume before the breakout isn't necessarily a bad thing, as at that point it's the weekly setup, relative performance and potential resistance that matters most. But once breakouts occur we want to see very strong volume in all stocks in that specific subsector that the stock is in. The Canadian cannabis stocks are the best example I've seen of this recently that Shaun highlighted.
[/quote]

That's why I made the observation. Given the time of year it will be interesting to see how the volume picks up in the new year. Will everyone else pile in or will the market decide that the these breakouts were a false start?

With certain commodities strengthening I thought I'd have a look through the gold miners to see where they are now. The majority seem to still be in either Stage 4 or Stage 1 currently. So here's a few of the best that I found that are close to breakout levels, and have the least resistance.

AZ.TO, BVN, EDV.TO, EXN.TO, FM.TO, NEM

isatrader

Nice list. I appreciate it. I also think with dollar dropping commodities are gonna start their move and trend awhile. Not sure on OIL yet as the smart money is sowing serious short position on OIL via the COT. Im new to trying to utilize SW's method but read his book a few years ago and have decided to give it a shot. My first position using his method is a buy on IPI on the 30w backtest.

(2017-12-31, 06:36 PM)slacker Wrote: Nice list. I appreciate it. I also think with dollar dropping commodities are gonna start their move and trend awhile. Not sure on OIL yet as the smart money is sowing serious short position on OIL via the COT. Im new to trying to utilize SW's method but read his book a few years ago and have decided to give it a shot. My first position using his method is a buy on IPI on the 30w backtest.

Hi slacker, thanks for posting, and welcome to the site. There's a lot of info across the the various threads on the board and the original thread on the trade2win site too. There's also a bunch of links in the first post of the Stan Weinstein thread which may be useful to you. Here's the link https://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthre...pid=1#pid1

isatrader

(2017-12-31, 08:02 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2017-12-31, 06:36 PM)slacker Wrote: Nice list. I appreciate it. I also think with dollar dropping commodities are gonna start their move and trend awhile. Not sure on OIL yet as the smart money is sowing serious short position on OIL via the COT. Im new to trying to utilize SW's method but read his book a few years ago and have decided to give it a shot. My first position using his method is a buy on IPI on the 30w backtest.

Hi slacker, thanks for posting, and welcome to the site. There's a lot of info across the the various threads on the board and the original thread on the trade2win site too. There's also a bunch of links in the first post of the Stan Weinstein thread which may be useful to you. Here's the link https://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthre...pid=1#pid1

Thank you, ive been reading up since I found the site, tons of useful and educational info. Looking forward to learning from the more experienced on here so everyone and anyone feel free to post/reply to my posts wit corrections or thoughts where im wrong or missing something. Good luck and trading to all.