Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 297

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

Finance sector and US regional banks:

If I recall (Martin Pring I think) the finance sector being bullish is a good sign for the markets overall. Perhaps I'm misquoting him as perhaps it was the relative strength of XLF against another sector. Must check.

(This post was last modified: 2016-08-31, 04:27 PM by Echevarriaeric.)

Tell me what you guys think of US stock HL, according to stage analysts it looks like it's in a stage late 3 early 4 but it could also be a simp

*could also be a simple pullback

(2016-08-31, 04:14 PM)Echevarriaeric Wrote: Tell me what you guys think of US stock HL, according to stage analysts it looks like it's in a stage late 3 early 4 but it could also be a simp

*could also be a simple pullback

It's making it's second significant pullback within a Stage 2 advance.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2016-08-31, 06:00 PM by Echevarriaeric.)

Thank u Isa...That's kind of leaning to but I thought I was favoring the stock and giving it the benefit of the doubt... If that's the case my buy point should be around 4.34, correct?

I think I'm wrong, the buy point is now

(2016-08-31, 05:55 PM)Echevarriaeric Wrote: Thank u Isa...That's kind of leaning to but I thought I was favoring the stock and giving it the benefit of the doubt... If that's the case my buy point should be around 4.34, correct?

I think I'm wrong, the buy point is now

Not necessarily, as there's no arbitrary point at which to buy a pullback. It's simply about analysing it's behaviour, i.e. has volume contracted on the pullback etc (it's increased), and then determining when it has bottomed. And for this you also need to analyse Silver as well, as that will determine a lot of it's movement.

My personal technique is to go down to the 2 hour chart and apply the same chart settings as the weekly chart, and then to use Stage Anlaysis to determine the Stage on that timescale - which in HL's case currently would be Stage 4 on the 2 hour chart. So for me I'd I'd be looking for a pullback entry once it's in at least Stage 1 on the 2 hour timescale, and back above the 30 SMA on that timescale which would need to be flattening or turning back up. Or as I'm more conservative I'd wait for the Stage 2A breakout point on the 2 hour chart, once a Stage 1 base range has formed.

I've attached the 2 hour chart for you of HL and SLV

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A few for the watchlist - AUDC (early in Stage 2A), NLST (Stage 2 continuation attempt)

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2016-09-01, 12:25 AM by Echevarriaeric.)

Thank you u, as always Isa u are great... The 2hr time chart is a great way to see the immediate future... That was the hole in my game... I wouldn't go lower than 6months -1yr and sometimes it would run before I saw the entry point

This is pretty dangerous territory because if I understand stans book correctly when it pulls back you want to see decreased volume... It's a bad sign that it pulled back that heavy on increased volume for HL

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I discovered a great way to search for US stocks at finviz.com and it is free.
Go to finviz, in the top you choose screener, you can choose between some input, but for Weinstein check:
1) choose screener
2) choose unusual volume (or new high)
3) press charts
4) choose line
5) choose timeframe: daily weekly or monthly

Now you can quickly check 48 charts in an eyeblink.

Good luck!