Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 296

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

NTP. How annoying to spot this a few days late.

(2016-08-25, 09:15 PM)odlareg Wrote: First post with chart. Cancer Genetics. Also some recent insider buying.

My issue with this stock is the huge amount of resistance that it is under, and the relative performance is below a declinign zero line, so breaks a number of the requirements of the method. It might do great, but isn't a suitable pick under the methods rules.

An easy visual clue of resistance is the very steep declining MAs on the daily chart. As on or near a Stage 2A breakout they should be rising strongly and the price should be near the top of the daily chart. Or another method that I like to use is the Weekly Ichimoku Cloud. The best quality A+ breakouts virtually always happen above the Weekly Ichimoku Cloud, which as you'll see on the attached chart is a long way off with this stock.

I'd recommend looking at the Stage Analysis Study Guide - Questions and Answers thread here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=47

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2016-08-29, 10:17 AM by pcabc.)

US Finance

This seems to have an upturn in relative strength recent, even compared to technology.

They all have longer term resistance. Not sure if that should put us off. I'll have a think on that.

JPM:

BAC:

CFG:

CHFC:
A bit late but posting due to the interesting volume.

ZION:

DFS:

WDO.TO. A continuation on a huge volume spike. A bit volatile though and stop loss positioning could be a bit interesting:

Anybody got in SQ?

3 x volume spike.

(2016-08-29, 02:06 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Anybody got in SQ?

3 x volume spike.

It's still forming it's primary Stage 1 base since it's IPO, but good volume coming into it.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

OSUR - Early Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt on strong relative volume after a failed breakout attempt in June

isatrader

(2016-08-29, 10:03 AM)pcabc Wrote:
WDO.TO. A continuation on a huge volume spike. A bit volatile though and stop loss positioning could be a bit interesting:

Well, I stated away as I was concerned that it would be over extended. Up 9% at present. However, suspect this one will be too volatile to handle easily.

two good options:
1- ADSK continuation break out, interesting volume, a stock with a very good momentum during stage 2.

2- ERF continuation break out, currently pullig back. It could be time to enter in.

barra