Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 275

(This post was last modified: 2016-05-31, 07:33 PM by pcabc.)

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2016-05-31, 07:21 PM)isatrader Wrote: CLF is looking interesting. Still under long term resistance, but huge moves since the start of the year through it's Stage 1. The Stage 2A breakout failed as it had already moved a long way, but could be setting up for a second attempt.
The MA is sloping up on the Materials SPDR EFT, XLB:

Breadth calculated from the constituents of XLB plus a few others.

(2016-05-31, 07:32 PM)pcabc Wrote: The MA is sloping up on the Materials SPDR EFT, XLB:

CLF is in the steel sector. So I think you need to delve deeper into the specific sector too, as the XLB includes the gold stocks. So need to separate from that to get a better sector view of it. See attached $DJUSST steel sector chart which is in the first significant pullback of early Stage 2.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

I apologize, Im probably posting this in the wrong location. I can't seem to find the "introduce yourself page".

I'm brand new, excited to read and learn more. Native Texan living in CT.

Two immediate questions:
- what type of charting software do you use?
- i want to scan for bases, ie, show me stage 1 bases. Any suggestions?
- is it possible to sort the threads so that I see the most recent first (my view shows the old posts first)

I use StockCharts.com, Trade Station and TC2000 (I like charting software)

Thank you in advance.
Bo

(2016-05-31, 08:37 PM)bigtex Wrote: I apologize, Im probably posting this in the wrong location. I can't seem to find the "introduce yourself page".

I'm brand new, excited to read and learn more. Native Texan living in CT.

Two immediate questions:
- what type of charting software do you use?
- i want to scan for bases, ie, show me stage 1 bases. Any suggestions?
- is it possible to sort the threads so that I see the most recent first (my view shows the old posts first)

I use StockCharts.com, Trade Station and TC2000 (I like charting software)

Thank you in advance.
Bo

Welcome to the site Bo,

I use stockcharts myself for all my charts, and like to make use of it's custom scanner for finding stocks of interest.

Scanning for bases is tricky, as with Stage Analysis they need to be quite large, i.e. 6 months or more to be interesting. So I tend to look for the breakouts using P&F charts, and volume personally, and then manually filter through them to find the best candidates, as Stage Analysis is a very visual method. So the best way to initially learn, is to get your weekly charts setup right, and then to start figuring out the stages for each stock that you look at until it becomes second nature.

As for the threads, unfortunately you can't sort the posts, as the software doesn't allow it. But all you need to do to go to the newest posts is to click on the "View the Last Post" link on the right hand side of the page on the threads page, or if you are already in a thread, then just click the last number on the pages buttons.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2016-05-31, 11:06 PM by pcabc.)

(2016-05-31, 07:42 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-05-31, 07:32 PM)pcabc Wrote: The MA is sloping up on the Materials SPDR EFT, XLB:

CLF is in the steel sector. So I think you need to delve deeper into the specific sector too, as the XLB includes the gold stocks. So need to separate from that to get a better sector view of it. See attached $DJUSST steel sector chart which is in the first significant pullback of early Stage 2.

Thanks. Already have SLX, a steel ETF and have a number of steel producers in my screener. However, missed CLF for some reason. I could try calculating breadth for the steel sector but with only eight steel companies I wonder if it is worthwhile?

Edit, just added a few more!

A few for the watchlist with big relative volume today:

BABA - Stage 1B, potential for a Stage 2A breakout attempt

CORT - Stage 2A breakout attempt on 5x average daily volume

RYT (Equal weight technology sector ETF) - Stage 2 continuation attempt to new highs. Just goes to show that the big technology stocks are weighing down this sector and likely the nasdaq too, as the equal weight is hitting new highs.

HELE - potential for a Stage 2 continuation attempt with 3.3x average weekly volume already today. Huge volume for this stock.

SINA - Stage 2A breakout attempt and highlighted earlier by shaun. 4.23x average daily volume today and big one year base with a considerable volatility contraction pattern (VCP). Potential imo.

isatrader

SINA is very attractive!

(This post was last modified: 2016-06-01, 01:20 PM by shaunattwood.)

trending up with interesting volume
BEAT, ERI, INXN, NXPI

semiconductor sector SOX breaking out
AMD emerging to a 4 year high