Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 8

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

(2013-03-12, 08:23 PM)goodtyneguy Wrote: Meru Networks - MERU, here's another low priced stock, one we've discussed before, over at T2W I think.

It will need to put in some sideways consolidation first before being able to consider it as a trader play. I've shown a "W" bottom pattern as I have a feint recollection it gets a mention in the book?

I think theblackmamba is in that one if I remember correctly from his journal or was looking at it.

The W pattern is talked about on page 123 in the book.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2013-03-15, 01:37 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 08:23 PM)goodtyneguy Wrote: Meru Networks - MERU, here's another low priced stock, one we've discussed before, over at T2W I think.

It will need to put in some sideways consolidation first before being able to consider it as a trader play. I've shown a "W" bottom pattern as I have a feint recollection it gets a mention in the book?

I think theblackmamba is in that one if I remember correctly from his journal or was looking at it.

The W pattern is talked about on page 123 in the book.

Ahaa, I don't recall their being a diagram of the "w" pattern just thought it was in the text. There's so much in the book! Thanks, I'll add the page number to my notes.

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

Here's the tables of the today's early breakouts and breakdowns in the NYSE and Nasdaq markets to look through for any potential Weinstein picks.

NYSE

Nasdaq

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

FTK looks an interesting breakout to new highs. No resistance, around double the four week average volume, and outperforming on the relative performance measures. Attached is a weekly relative strength chart.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2013-03-16, 08:25 PM by Locked in.)

iShares Japan ETF (EWJ). Moving on some very high volume, EWJ has broken out already but has not traveled too far (price wise) imo. It still has a couple of levels of overhead resistance left to tackle (10.94,11.65), but the volume (obviously linked to the big yen move), is a strong enough signal to me. I might buy this one for the investor method and watch it play out.

Boston Scientific Corp. (BSX), which if I see a little more volume and a move up through resistance at 8.00, would be a nice investor buy imo. Here are the charts-

The U.S. airline industry is looking strong to me for 3 reasons. Technicals, fundamentals (oops, bad word), and CNBC hype. Obviously this site is about stage analysis so I will stick to that. I see a lot of breakouts in individual stock as well as etf/index charts. I do see a lack of volume overall and several are overextended and due for a pullback.. Here are a few charts-

US Airways is the most hyped on cnbc (if that matters to anyone)

Spirit Airlines is by far the worst to fly (comfort and customer satisfaction wise), however, by far the cheapest. Seriously..$211 bucks from Los Angeles to Colombia?? What??

Pipeline Sector Breakout

Three Energy Pipelines stocks that made continuation breakouts yesterday to new highs - KMR, NGLS and MMLP. Attached is the daily charts.

I've also attached the Dow Jones US Pipelines Index ($DJUSPL) sector weekly, daily and P&F charts that shows that the sector as a whole is also breaking out to new highs and showing good relative strength versus the S&P 500.

isatrader

Blackberry is one we've looked at fairly recently on the old thread on 5th Feb and suggested a trader stop of 11.38 at the time, which held during the February pullback. BBRY has now made a new pivot and breakout this week and so I think you could potentially do additional buying with a tighter trader stop for the new position just under 2x ATR(200) around current prices at 14.49, which is below the pivot low of 14.65 and the half point as it falls close to it. The original stop loss shouldn't be moved yet though imo, as the price is still below the previous swing high from January. Attached is the daily chart.

[UPDATE] This one had a terrible day to close the week, so am removing it from my watchlist as I don't like the price action we saw today. Attached is the updated chart.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader