Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 7

(This post was last modified: 2013-03-12, 09:04 PM by goodtyneguy.)

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

Supermedia SPMD, another low priced stock with plenty of potential.

Meru Networks - MERU, here's another low priced stock, one we've discussed before, over at T2W I think.

It will need to put in some sideways consolidation first before being able to consider it as a trader play. I've shown a "W" bottom pattern as I have a feint recollection it gets a mention in the book?

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

Here's the tables of the today's early breakouts and breakdowns in the NYSE and Nasdaq markets to look through for any potential Weinstein picks.

NYSE

Nasdaq

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Here's the tables of the today's early breakouts and breakdowns in the NYSE and Nasdaq markets to look through for any potential Weinstein picks.

NYSE

Nasdaq

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2013-03-14, 09:25 PM by goodtyneguy.)

Supermedia SPMD has just pulled back to the BO level for a trader play but with investor potential. Currently a stop under 3.75 would give it an ATR (200) of around 3, and that's below the 10 wma. I've already posted it in the investor watch list. I've just gone in at 4.51 in my spread betting account. Please note today's PA not shown and the volume came in the day after the "official" BO.

Just noticed earnings are out on 21/3/13 hmmmm.

Rough Rice and Timber also look interesting. If Routy from over at T2W is still in Ocado he/she will be a happy bunny to day.

(This post was last modified: 2013-03-14, 10:18 PM by Locked in.)

Zynga (znga) is showing some signs of life with a resent surge in volume (thanks to the legalization of online gambling in the state of NJ). The stock looks to be pulling into stage two with the 30 ma just starting to come into positive territory and relative strength looking good.

(2013-03-14, 08:39 PM)goodtyneguy Wrote: If Routy from over at T2W is still in Ocado he/she will be a happy bunny to day.

Is funny looking back at my posts. At least I told him the right thing to do with this even though he went off to sharehunter for a trial not long after: Post#889 which was to wait for the consolidation - which began the next day and then to get in on a trader entry on the next breakout with a better risk reward setup, which would have been on the continuation breakout on Mar 12th at 142.60, which would have given a breakout entry risk of 3.69 x ATR(200).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

(2013-03-14, 10:52 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 08:39 PM)goodtyneguy Wrote: If Routy from over at T2W is still in Ocado he/she will be a happy bunny to day.

Is funny looking back at my posts. At least I told him the right thing to do with this even though he went off to sharehunter for a trial not long after: Post#889 which was to wait for the consolidation - which began the next day and then to get in on a trader entry on the next breakout with a better risk reward setup, which would have been on the continuation breakout on Mar 12th at 142.60, which would have given a breakout entry risk of 3.69 x ATR(200).

Yeah, good advice, the correction has a nice cup shape to it which is always a good sign in my opinion. Whether the deal goes through with Morrisons is another matter.

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

Chesapeake Energy (CHK) has made a Stage 2 breakout this week after completing a one year Stage 1 base. Relative strength is improving and above the zero line, but the main negatives are the poor volume on the breakout (should be double the average at least) and also it has some near term resistance up to around the 25 zone. So a possible investor pick, but with the moving average breadth indicators and the NYSE Bullish Percent at their upper high risk levels above 70%, it's not a good time to be entering investor positions imo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader