Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 6

(This post was last modified: 2013-03-11, 06:40 PM by goodtyneguy.)

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

aaah, isatrader to the rescue again. That clarifies things precisely with a perfect example. Owing to the fact that the chart was being talked about in the context of the trader method I was thinking it was a daily chart shown with a 30 wma. Thanks again, are you sure you're not in the teaching profession? Smile

The book is amazing, there's not a word of fluff in it.

(2013-03-11, 06:36 PM)goodtyneguy Wrote: aaah, isatrader to the rescue again. That clarifies things precisely with a perfect example. Owing to the fact that the chart was being talked about in the context of the trader method I was thinking it was a daily chart shown with a 30 wma. Thanks again, are you sure you're not in the teaching profession? Smile

Thanks, no not a teacher. Magazine design and some occasional web and email design when I have to.

I don't think there's many daily charts in the book. Only a few at the most. But what shows it is the example chart 3-4 on the next page to it, as that is a weekly chart.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2013-03-11, 06:43 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2013-03-11, 06:36 PM)goodtyneguy Wrote: aaah, isatrader to the rescue again. That clarifies things precisely with a perfect example. Owing to the fact that the chart was being talked about in the context of the trader method I was thinking it was a daily chart shown with a 30 wma. Thanks again, are you sure you're not in the teaching profession? Smile

Thanks, no not a teacher. Magazine design and some occasional web and email design when I have to.

I don't think there's many daily charts in the book. Only a few at the most. But what shows it is the example chart 3-4 on the next page to it, as that is a weekly chart.

Ah, yes, that one did not sink in after two readings.

(This post was last modified: 2013-07-23, 06:16 PM by goodtyneguy.)

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

Global Ship Lease (GSL) is a minnow that looks interesting. Not shown (EOD data only) but today has been a big up day on unusually high volume. The negative is that it's not a very liquid stock.

The shippers may be of interest in the near future, this is the Guggenheim shipping ETF SEA

EDIT: Please note: the correct entry for an investor is at the Stage 2A break out and not the higher level as indicated in the chart.

I was going to post this one in the trader watch list but I calculate that we are looking at an ATR(200) of 3.78 with a stop under the last swing low at 16.61. Having said that, it may make a higher swing low before it breaks out. Best to play the strongest stock in the sector given the opportunity imo.

(2013-03-11, 01:56 PM)isatrader Wrote: Ford is a stock I've been following for a while now, since it's Stage 2A breakout late in 2012. I originally did a write up on the previous thread #Post#764 here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/technica...ost2048194 and mentioned that the Stage 2A breakout had been missed, so I needed to look for a pullback entry to the secondary lower risk entry point. Which I believe we now have, as it last week closed above the previous weeks high after testing support from the early 2012 range. The negative though is that it's still below it's most recent small consolidation and the 50 day MA, so that adds some near term risk to the entry. But at the current level it will give a reasonable 2.94 x ATR(200) risk for a trader stop loss.

Cumulative volume on the P&F chart shows that the pullback volume has only been half the breakout column volume, and relative performance is still above the Mansfield daily and weekly zero lines.

The trader stop loss would go at 11.99 and the investor stop would go at 10.75 imo. Attached is the charts.

It was nice to see this one this one work straight away today. Strong move in Ford today to close back above the 50 day MA and the recent resistance from early February. Attached is the updated charts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2013-03-12, 03:04 AM by goodtyneguy.)

Dexo Corp DEXO, another low priced stock with plenty of potential.

Could become a trader play if it consolidates for a while around the 2.48 level before breaking out.

(This post was last modified: 2013-03-12, 03:35 PM by goodtyneguy.)

GNW GU yesterday on high volume and is consolidating on the 5 min TF ATM. Would love to get into this one for the long term using the trader method but the risk is too great as a trader even if it closes the gap and PB's back to the BO level. Maybe not so good an idea with the NYSE BP index being so high though.

Early Breakouts and Breakdowns

Here's the tables of the today's early breakouts and breakdowns in the NYSE and Nasdaq markets to look through for any potential Weinstein picks.

NYSE

Nasdaq

isatrader