Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 435

RE: US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts

Bitcoin. Not something I look at normally, but the 2 hour chart had a Stage 2A breakout this week with good relative volume and strong RS. So I had a look at the weekly chart and it is attempting to invalidate the recent Stage 4 breakdown. So one to watch going forward as it could recover and change to Stage 1 with potential for a move into Stage 2. But would have to move quite far from current position or consolidate for a while to forma lower high to breakout from.

Could be another possible alternative asset class to Stocks, like Gold and Bonds are.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2020-04-26, 08:38 AM by pcabc.)

Pharma, tech, gold miners and US treasuries

Although the US treasuries ETF is London listed they are US treasuries, so I thought it appropriate to list here.  It is IDTL.L, but similar patterns ar3e apparent in CBU7.L and IDTM.L.

RE: Silver Stocks Movement

(2020-04-22, 11:24 PM)isatrader Wrote: Multiple Gold Stocks have had 100%+ moves in the last six weeks. There has been new highs in many stocks in the sector as physical gold trends higher outperforming the stock market indexes and other commodities year to date. However, there has not been many opportunities for safe entry points so far in the stocks, as it's just been a V shaped recovery in a lot of gold stocks back to new highs. But they are high on the watchlist for when they do start to setup in constructive patterns, as sector themes are especially important in Stage Analysis using the Forest to the Tree approach.

Here's a few for the watchlist from my scans, a few of which have broken out today - AGI, AKG, AU, DRD, EQX, GFI, GOLD, KGC, NEM, NG

You can see the charts in the blog here: https://www.stageanalysis.net/blog/23911/huge-moves-in-multiple-gold-stocks

Q) Would silver stocks usually follow the same pattern and therefore be ones to watch?

(This post was last modified: 2020-04-26, 07:04 PM by pcabc.)

RE: Silver Stocks Movement

(2020-04-26, 06:42 PM)benji_99 Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 11:24 PM)isatrader Wrote: Multiple Gold Stocks have had 100%+ moves in the last six weeks. There has been new highs in many stocks in the sector as physical gold trends higher outperforming the stock market indexes and other commodities year to date. However, there has not been many opportunities for safe entry points so far in the stocks, as it's just been a V shaped recovery in a lot of gold stocks back to new highs. But they are high on the watchlist for when they do start to setup in constructive patterns, as sector themes are especially important in Stage Analysis using the Forest to the Tree approach.

Here's a few for the watchlist from my scans, a few of which have broken out today - AGI, AKG, AU, DRD, EQX, GFI, GOLD, KGC, NEM, NG

You can see the charts in the blog here: https://www.stageanalysis.net/blog/23911/huge-moves-in-multiple-gold-stocks

Q) Would silver stocks usually follow the same pattern and therefore be ones to watch?

I don't know if there charts are useful, but the market breadth for silver miners looks a lot weaker than for gold miners.
https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Thre...s?page=383
[url=https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Thread-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-and-Market-Breadth-Technical-Analysis?page=383][/url]

RE: Huge Moves in Multiple Gold Stocks

You can see the charts in the blog here: https://www.stageanalysis.net/blog/23911...old-stocks

Thanks Isatrader - EGO is looking pretty good as a set up too

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Huge Moves in Multiple Gold Stocks

(2020-04-26, 11:06 PM)Tryst Wrote: Thanks Isatrader - EGO is looking pretty good as a set up too

My main problem with a lot of them at the moment is that the volatile swing has meant that not many stocks have proper bases from which to setup a decent entry point from, as I like to see at least a four week consolidation near the highs where the weak holders are shaken out and it proves itself a bit. A lot of these have had 100%+ swings from low to high in a small space of time. So some consolidation would be useful and make them more tradable to me.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

SE - Potential for a Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt. Tightening price action on the 2 hour chart near the highs, and cup and handle type pattern developing on the daily chart, although the handle is developing above the original breakout level.

isatrader

$SPOT - Stage 1

SPOT is developing a large primary Stage 1 base following its IPO. Showing good relative strength and outperforming the S&P 500 since the downturn started. One to watch for a Stage 2A breakout in the coming months

isatrader