Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 383

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...e%20Survey

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sectors / sub-sectors showing up in my screener

First column, sector, sub-sector etc.
Second column, number of stocks flagged by the screener.
Third column, percentage those flagged stocks were of the sector / sub-sector in which they lay.

Code:
Tag (sector etc)                ,  No., % of tags  
Health care providers           ,    4,   8  %
Healthcare                      ,    5,   7  %
NASDAQ100                       ,    6,   7  %
SP100                           ,    6,   6  %
Information Technology          ,    3,   6  %
Semiconductors                  ,    5,   5  %
Bond                            ,    3,   5  %
n/a                             ,    3,   4  %
S&P500                          ,   14,   3  %
Gold miners                     ,   10,   3  %
Precious metals                 ,    3,   3  %
Computer Software: Prepackaged S,    3,   3  %
Russell_1000                    ,   21,   2  %
Major Pharmaceuticals           ,    9,   2  %
Technology                      ,   12,   2  %
Health Care                     ,   15,   2  %
xetra                           ,   11,   2  %
FTSE250                         ,    3,   2  %
Germany                         ,    8,   2  %
Canada                          ,    6,   2  %
Materials                       ,    3,   1  %
FTSE350                         ,    4,   1  %
Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology ,    8,   1  %
Russell 3000                    ,   33,   1  %
Index                           ,    5,   1  %
Consumer Discretionary          ,    3,   1  %
Consumer Services               ,    7,   1  %
Miners                          ,    3,   1  %
Singapore                       ,    5,   1  %
Energy                          ,    7,   1  %
Canadian (CN)                   ,    3,   1  %
Finance                         ,    4,   1  %
russell2000                     ,   12,   1  %

RE: Larrry Williams calling market bottom weeks back

I thought this may be of interest to some as Larry Williams, a very experienced and great technical analyst who has been trading for over 50 years, called the market bottom just before bottom (so far that is,  if it holds). His video goes through all the indicators (he looks at unemployment, etc.) that he used to come to the conclusion weeks back just before the market hit its low:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztk3Ti-4yO4

Since then he has come out with 2 more videos on youtube and his last video predicted a slight rise of the S+P from current levels into around the end of April then a decline to start early May taking it down but not retesting the low. Just posting in case anyone is interested.  His latest video of 4 days ago:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaPIW8GLy4

Like Stan, Larry also has a very solid and profitable history as a trader:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_R._Williams

"Williams has created numerous market indicators, including Williams %RUltimate Oscillator, COT indices, accumulation/distribution indicators, cycle forecasts, market sentiment, and value measurements for commodity prices.[10][11] Williams won the 1987 World Cup Championship of Futures Trading from the Robbins Trading Company, where he turned $10,000 to over $1,100,000 (11,300%) in a 12-month competition with real money. Ten years later, his daughter, actress Michelle Wiliams, won the same contest.[12]"

I know this isn't exactly Stage Analysis per say, but i would like to discuss it with someone.

Am I the only one concerned the breakdown, of what I think looks like a bear flag? To anyone who might not know, a bear flag is a sharp decline (flagpole), followed by a consolidation (flag). During a bear flag volume stays high due to the market panic. 

Furthermore i'm kinda concerned about the pullback, of which we are experiencing. I find it worrying that the market is knocking on its 50d MA, while only 29% of stocks are above their 50d MA. It seems to me, that only a select few stocks are driving this pullback.

Just to be straight: I'm currently not holding any positions, I'm just intrigued to see how this is going to unfold.

- Marcus Haugaard
"The Tape Tells All" - Stan Weinstein

(2020-04-23, 02:40 PM)Haugaard Wrote: I know this isn't exactly Stage Analysis per say, but i would like to discuss it with someone.

Am I the only one concerned the breakdown, of what I think looks like a bear flag? To anyone who might not know, a bear flag is a sharp decline (flagpole), followed by a consolidation (flag). During a bear flag volume stays high due to the market panic. 

Furthermore i'm kinda concerned about the pullback, of which we are experiencing. I find it worrying that the market is knocking on its 50d MA, while only 29% of stocks are above their 50d MA. It seems to me, that only a select few stocks are driving this pullback.

Just to be straight: I'm currently not holding any positions, I'm just intrigued to see how this is going to unfold.

You can use Stage Analysis on multiple time frames. One of my favourites for fine tuning entry points is to use it on the 2 hour chart with the same settings as the SA weekly chart. For example, the current S&P 500 chart shows as a developing Stage 3 range on the 2 hour chart. Obviously like any Stage 3 it could resolve in either direction. But it does give additional information, as if it does resolve higher after consolidating for a bit, then it may invalidate the bearish argument. And vice versa if it resolves downwards from the range then it may invalidate the bullish argument. Again, this is only one data point, but it all contributes to the Weight of Evidence.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2020-04-23, 03:20 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 02:40 PM)Haugaard Wrote: I know this isn't exactly Stage Analysis per say, but i would like to discuss it with someone.

You can use Stage Analysis on multiple time frames. One of my favourites for fine tuning entry points is to use it on the 2 hour chart with the same settings as the SA weekly chart. For example, the current S&P 500 chart shows as a developing Stage 3 range on the 2 hour chart. Obviously like any Stage 3 it could resolve in either direction. But it does give additional information, as if it does resolve higher after consolidating for a bit, then it may invalidate the bearish argument. And vice versa if it resolves downwards from the range then it may invalidate the bullish argument. Again, this is only one data point, but it all contributes to the Weight of Evidence.

I can definitely see the stage 3 of which you're talking about. Patiently waiting to see how this is going to unfold.

- Marcus Haugaard
"The Tape Tells All" - Stan Weinstein

NYSE Percentage of Stocks Above their 50 Day Moving Average

NYSE Percentage of Stocks Above their 50 Day Moving Average gives its first short term buy signal with a Triple Top Breakout on the P&F Chart in the lower zone. Still hasn't cleared the key 30% level yet though & needs confirmation from medium & long term measures.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2020-04-26, 08:58 AM by pcabc.)

Market breath

US:
The percentage of stocks above the 50 and 200 MAs on the S&P500 chart seem to have glitches where they indicate 50% for each whereas it looks more like 15% and not quite 30%.

UK:

Europe:

Oil & Gas producers, Gold & Silver: