Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 27

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

As most of the trades shown recently have been longs I thought I'd highlight a few potential shorts in Stage 3B/4A - AMT and TCO, both of which have recently declined to a zero out of 9 on my SATA scoring method and relative performance for both is weak and below a declining zero line (52 week RS MA) as you can see on the attached weekly charts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2013-08-01, 03:35 PM by goodtyneguy.)

Some potential longs which may be of interest, US listed CAFI, CSII, ARK and TSX:EFR On the short side it might be time to look at the US home builders again.

Here's three Stage 2 continuation moves: ARG, FLS and DST

p.s. note decent volume came into CHK today.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Some of today's intraday Stage 2 continuation moves: DOW, EAT, ELLI and MXL - attached are the weekly charts.

isatrader

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

Apple (AAPL) is starting to show signs that it is forming a Stage 1 base, with a higher low at the end of June and this week it broke above it's still declining 30 week SMA. I've highlighted that the 30 week SMA is declining, as people might be tempted to call a Stage 2A breakout if it moves above the recent swing highs - which it's very close to. But it's not Stage 2A until the 30 week SMA turns up as well, and so it will still be classed as in Stage 1 imo.

The price action turned the more sensitive 30 week "weighted" MA up for the first time since October and the technical attributes score improved from a 2 last week to a 4 out of 9 this week as you can see on the attached SATA chart.

The technicals are improving for AAPL, with relative performance finally beginning to pick up a little and volume, although looking quite anemic, has actually moved above it's moving average on the cumulative volume and also attached is the traditional scale point and figure chart which shows that the price has moved above the long term down trend line.

So I'm upgrading my previous rating of Stage 1A to Stage 1, which by the definitions of the method means "the basing phase - may begin accumulation". Attached are the charts.

isatrader

Facebook moved into Stage 2A last week, and changed the technical attributes score to a maximum 9 out of 9. Volume was very strong on the gap up last week, and has continued to be strong during this week, so this one has potential for a strong Stage 2 run as it fulfills all of the methods key requirements. Attached is the weekly and daily charts.

isatrader

Thank you for letting us see your charts isa. I am currently getting everything set up on prorealtime and with my broker. I will then be able to contribute more.

Some potential continuation buys on a pull back after higher volume break out. US stocks MHK, CBST, ILMN, and RENN.