Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 398

RE: US Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

(2019-06-22, 11:30 AM)maxhigh Wrote:
(2019-06-22, 09:14 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2019-06-22, 03:59 AM)maxhigh Wrote: Potential new Stage 2 bull market starting for GLD

Yep, it was a confirmed Stage 2A breakout for spot gold this week, and a number of the miners have been showing up in the daily watchlist scans for the last few weeks with volume. So use the forest to the trees approach, and delve into the gold miners stocks to find the best looking charts for potential trades in the sector.

I'll try and do a review of the sector over the weekend and post some watchlist stocks.

Happy days.  Looking forward to it!  Smile

If it is any help my breadth charts for gold miners show strengthened breadth, new highs minus new lows have moved positive.

In Focus: Gold Sector Stocks

With the breakout in Spot Gold in US Dollars this week with strong volume, it's time to use the Forest to the Trees approach from page 75 and delve into the sector.

I did a scan of the US and Canadian gold mining sectors with a price greater than 0.5 and excluding the over the counter markets. Of the 174 results, I've whittled it down to following in terms of stocks that look interesting from a Stage Analysis perspective imo. I'm not saying any are a buy or not right now, as not many meet any sort of risk parameters that I follow, so I'll leave it to you to do your own due diligence. So it's just that these are showing the best characteristics of the all the gold and silver charts that I've looked over tonight. 

To compare against each other to find the strongest stocks in the sector, I'd recommend using the Mansfield RS score of each to make a relative performance table.

ABX-TO, AEM-TO, AG, AGI, ASR-TO, AU, AUG, CG-TO, DGC-TO, DPM-TO, DRD, EGO, FNV, GBR-V, GCM-TO, GFI, GGI-V, GOLD, GSS, HMY, IVN-TO, KGC, KL-TO, LIO-V, LUG-TO, MAG, NG, OM-V, OR, OSK-TO, PRU-TO, RNX.TO, RGLD, SAND, SBGL, SMF-TO, SVM-TO, TMQ-TO, VGZ, WDO-TO, WPM-TO

I'll post the charts over a few posts as there are 41 charts to look through.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

In Focus: Gold Sector Stocks continued...

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

In Focus: Gold Sector Stocks continued...

isatrader

US Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

Minus the gold stocks, here's the watchlist from the normal weekend scans - AIN, AVLR, BOLD, CARA, CELG, CGEN, CVNA, CVRS, D, DBX, FNKO, KDP, MTLS, NJR, OMCL, PINS, RPD, TDY, TUFN, ZYME

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2019-06-24, 06:01 PM by briansmith456.)

RE: In Focus: Gold Sector Stocks

[attachment=35078 Wrote:isatrader pid='14112' dateline='1561317953']With the breakout in Spot Gold in US Dollars this week with strong volume, it's time to use the Forest to the Trees approach from page 75 and delve into the sector.

I did a scan of the US and Canadian gold mining sectors with a price greater than 0.5 and excluding the over the counter markets. Of the 174 results, I've whittled it down to following in terms of stocks that look interesting from a Stage Analysis perspective imo. I'm not saying any are a buy or not right now, as not many meet any sort of risk parameters that I follow, so I'll leave it to you to do your own due diligence. So it's just that these are showing the best characteristics of the all the gold and silver charts that I've looked over tonight. 

To compare against each other to find the strongest stocks in the sector, I'd recommend using the Mansfield RS score of each to make a relative performance table.

ABX-TO, AEM-TO, AG, AGI, ASR-TO, AU, AUG, CG-TO, DGC-TO, DPM-TO, DRD, EGO, FNV, GBR-V, GCM-TO, GFI, GGI-V, GOLD, GSS, HMY, IVN-TO, KGC, KL-TO, LIO-V, LUG-TO, MAG, NG, OM-V, OR, OSK-TO, PRU-TO, RNX.TO, RGLD, SAND, SBGL, SMF-TO, SVM-TO, TMQ-TO, VGZ, WDO-TO, WPM-TO

I'll post the charts over a few posts as there are 41 charts to look through.

Hi Isa,

Your gold scan had OM.V in it. I was wondering where one would buy it? Would one buy it if it broke above the current double top around 71 cents?
Thanks for your thoughts (chart is below).
Brian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2019-06-24, 06:00 PM)briansmith456 Wrote: Hi Isa,

Your gold scan had OM.V in it. I was wondering where one would buy it? Would one buy it if it broke above the current double top around 71 cents?
Brian

I think it would be a close above the recent highs above 0.72, but you need to consider the risk too. So identify where the appropriate stop loss level would be and position size accordingly. As it’s a very volatile stock, so the risk would be high. Also what about this stock makes it’s the best pick above the other gold stocks to you?

isatrader

(2019-06-24, 07:49 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2019-06-24, 06:00 PM)briansmith456 Wrote: Hi Isa,

Brian

I think it would be a close above the recent highs above 0.72, but you need to consider the risk too. So identify where the appropriate stop loss level would be and position size accordingly. As it’s a very volatile stock, so the risk would be high. Also what about this stock makes it’s the best pick above the other gold stocks to you?

Thanks for your comments. I have  not had  time to look at all the other stocks on the scan I was just  looking at this one wondering where one would buy it. I was not sure whether proper buy point was break of the double top or perhaps pullback to 30 ema. So thanks for pointing out proper buy point and stop loss considerations.
Brian