Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 280

(This post was last modified: 2016-06-15, 07:40 PM by pcabc.)

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2016-06-15, 07:19 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: Isa, you make perfect sense as usual, just nibbled on some PWE

The point of this post is to add a bit more data. Following Isa's post suspect we need to wait for the indicies to show their cards further.

Just for comparison yes the MAs have just turned down but the breadth is strong for the US NYSE and AMEX except the NASDAQ is weaker. Apparently the advance/decline tends to fall on the NASDAQ.

I calculate the FTSE350 advance / decline data myself. It is more mediocre, data for the whole exchange would be better but some data is better than none.

I'm mainly in previous metals / their miners but I do have a couple of US steel producer positions and also TATE.L and RPC.L. I'm not as conservative as Isa, but I envy his recently posted equity curve so I think perhaps that there is a lesson there.

TIVO - One to keep an eye on as it's Stage 1 base develops, as it's showing strong relative performance versus the S&P 500 with it back above a flattening zero line for the last few months, and it has had some interesting volume since it moved back above it's 30 week MA in March. Could make an early Stage 2A breakout attempt.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Silver - Potential for an initial Stage 2 continuation attempt

Silver is setting up for a potential initial Stage 2 continuation attempt after rebounding from the Stage 2 investor B entry point three weeks ago.

Here's the weekly charts of some of the silver stocks from the US and Canada.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2016-06-16, 11:46 AM)isatrader Wrote: Silver is setting up for a potential initial Stage 2 continuation attempt after rebounding from the Stage 2 investor B entry point three weeks ago.

The US traders don't seem to be ready for a continuation just yet, with a high volume reversal day in both the GLD and SLV today, after it was pushed higher earlier in the day in the Asian and European sessions.

isatrader

ALRM - Stage 2 continuation attempt from volatility contraction pattern. P&F chart has target of $37.5

FNSR - Potential for a continuation breakout attempt

GIMO - Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt

LOCK - Attempting to make a Stage 2A breakout

SYMC - Stage 2 continuation breakout on heavy volume

SYNC - Single digit midget with potential for a continuation breakout from a high and tight consolidation.

MNI - Stage 2A breakout attempt

isatrader

GALE, CBB, AMD

Silver - Stage 2 continuation attempt

Silver (SLV) making a Stage 2 continuation attempt today

isatrader

Brazil - Stage 2 attempt

Brazil's market etf (EWZ) is attempting to move into Stage 2

isatrader