Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 152

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

A few for the watchlist from the early trade:

IBCA - gap continuation

IG - testing the top of it's consolidation

PLNR - attempting a Stage 2 continuation

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

EXPE is attempting to make a Stage 2 continuation to new highs from a five month cup and handle pattern

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

LCPRF looks like it might get interesting (sorry no averages on the chart right now):

A few for the watchlist from Friday that bucked the negative market action:

ACT - Volatility contraction, watch for a continuation breakout attempt

SPR - Cup and handle continuation breakout

isatrader

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

A few for the investor watchlist:

STRA - it made a Stage 2A breakout back in early May and then met resistnace a few weeks later and has pulled back to retest the breakout level since. Last week it rebounded off of support and the 30 week MA and closed higher than the previous four weeks, and so looks to be around the secondary investor entry point, and could potentially make an attempt at it's first continuation breakout in the coming weeks.

RVM - in early Stage 2 but with a fair bit of near term resistance to work through still, as can be seen by overlaying the ichimoku cloud on the weekly chart (see attached). So RVM has still got some work to do before it's a more promising candidate. But certainly one for the watchlist.

isatrader

(2014-08-03, 12:25 PM)isatrader Wrote: A few for the watchlist from Friday that bucked the negative market action:

ACT - Volatility contraction, watch for a continuation breakout attempt

God, I hope you are right about ACT lol... I'm already long in that!

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

It was a very negative week in the US market with 63 P&F breakouts compared to 195 P&F breakdowns in the S&P 1500. So more than 3 to 1 in favour of breakdowns.

I highlighted a number of potential breakouts and breakdowns diuring the week on the Elite Board thread, but here's some of Friday's candidates for the short watchlist - PGR, PNR, MT, ADNC, ABTL, CIR, DW, EVR, ASGN and PIZ which is an interesting one as it's a portfolio of the technically strongest stocks in the developed markets. i.e. momentum names and is currently testing the bottom of a small Stage 3 range.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader