Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 110

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2014-11-17, 10:17 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 08:45 PM)pcabc Wrote: I think I may have come over a bit smug. That was not intended. I've seen it rise, but still set a new low.

Also good to know that we are all, semi independently, spotting these things.

I dipped my toe in the water with a short spread yesterday which wasn't successful. Was out for a minor lose as the gap was filled. It wasn't a gap down to new 52 weeks.

There was some price rejection down at sub 1200-1280, so it could take a bit longer before breaking down.

Lesson learnt, to early in the trade and on teh smaller degree time scale was in limbo. Entry could have been better for a bit less loss. Also, when gap was completely filled I should have gotten out then, so could have saved some pips there.

(2014-11-18, 04:05 PM)Tryst Wrote: Lesson learnt, to early in the trade and on teh smaller degree time scale was in limbo. Entry could have been better for a bit less loss. Also, when gap was completely filled I should have gotten out then, so could have saved some pips there.

I think I am learning patience. Truth be told, if I had gone cash only in March/April/May I would be better off than I am now. I got a bit too excited on the last 'up' and a lot of things failed there, some things remain, but will take some time to play out, others were closed out at an appreciable % loss. On the current swing upwards I've largely sat on my hands apart from GPOR.L which I think is finally making its mind up.

Looking through previous things I've bought and sold I'm right more than I am wrong on my sales. I do note that a few things that I have sold appeared to be large blips that they recovered from, however, I am sure it was the correct decision most of the time so I am not upset.

A few for the UK watchlist from Tuesdays scans - BLND.L, EOG.L

And for the short watchlist - WYG.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-11-19, 01:28 PM)isatrader Wrote: A few for the UK watchlist from Tuesdays scans - BLND.L, EOG.L
I'd note a lot of the REITs and property investment trusts have been breaking out lately.

Today's batch for the UK long watchlist - AVON.L, DPH.L, BYG.L, SVT.L

And for the short watchlist - FENR.L, AGA.L, TEP.L, INF.L, GNK.L, ETI.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A few for the short watchlist today - PRV.L, MOSB.L

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2014-11-21, 10:38 PM by pcabc.)

A long, WIN.L. Massive volume spike:

A few for the UK long watchlist tonight - EVR.L, CCE.L, PRG.L, WIN.L, MCRO.L

isatrader