Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 91

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

For the UK watchlist today - FSFL.L, GEMD.L

And for the short watchlist - AVG.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

TCM.L for the long. Volume not fantastic:

TSO.L could get interesting in a day or two's time. Note the 3y period of the plot. Ignore the noise on the LHS:

(This post was last modified: 2014-08-20, 11:22 PM by Tryst.)

(2014-08-20, 08:43 PM)isatrader Wrote: FSFL.L

Looks good this one. Previously gapped up to new 52 week highs and is also in one of the current strongest sectors in the FTSE (EQUITY INVESTMENT INSTRUMENTS).

(2014-08-20, 08:43 PM)isatrader Wrote: GEMD.L

I see that this one also has previously/recently gapped up above its 52 week high and advanced strongly.

It has been on my watch list a while. Quite a few diamond equites are looking strong.

Quote:
(2014-08-20, 08:43 PM)isatrader Wrote: GEMD.L

I see that this one also has previously/recently gapped up above its 52 week high and advanced strongly.

It has been on my watch list a while. Quite a few diamond equites are looking strong.
Since GEMD.L closed above the recent highs surely it has just broken out?

(2014-08-20, 09:58 PM)pcabc Wrote: TSO.L could get interesting in a day or two's time. Note the 3y period of the plot. Ignore the noise on the LHS:

Thanks for the posts, pcabc. You sure this isn't a NYSE stock?

(2014-08-20, 11:36 PM)pcabc Wrote: Since GEMD.L closed above the recent highs surely it has just broken out?

It broke out into Stage 2A five weeks ago on the 16th July, but didn't have much volume on the breakout day. Three weeks ago it had a big weekly reversal bar, and then consolidated for the following few weeks, before breaking out above the recent swing high yesterday. So imo, it's making it's first minor continuation attempt within early Stage 2, and needs a weekly close above the swing high to confirm.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-08-20, 11:40 PM)Tryst Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 09:58 PM)pcabc Wrote: TSO.L could get interesting in a day or two's time. Note the 3y period of the plot. Ignore the noise on the LHS:

Thanks for the posts, pcabc. You sure this isn't a NYSE stock?

Oops. Yes, I have mainly LSE stocks, so I must have assumed this one was.

(2014-08-21, 06:27 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 11:36 PM)pcabc Wrote: Since GEMD.L closed above the recent highs surely it has just broken out?

It broke out into Stage 2A five weeks ago on the 16th July, but didn't have much volume on the breakout day. Three weeks ago it had a big weekly reversal bar, and then consolidated for the following few weeks, before breaking out above the recent swing high yesterday. So imo, it's making it's first minor continuation attempt within early Stage 2, and needs a weekly close above the swing high to confirm.

Thanks for the comments isatrader.

What do you think the likely hood is of a pullback to test support at 180?

In saying that, what do you think are the signs/indicators are for stocks that breakout and don't retrace and retest support (prior resistance) compared to those stocks that don't?