Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 85

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2014-08-01, 12:22 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-08-01, 08:10 AM)pcabc Wrote: Talking about market turmoil, I believe that I have a much better handle on the method now than I did towards the last quarter of last year. I don't just buy on price charts that look right, I look at volume much more, actually look at 'forest to the trees' etc but I'm having much less luck now. Of course, the sample is too low to be meaningful, it could be me or it could be a hint that it is a tricky time.

I think that ones an easy one to explain, as you only buy UK stocks, and the UK markets have been in Stages 3 and 4 of late and massively under performing the US and other markets, and so if you were using the forest to the trees approach correctly then you wouldn't be doing much buying over the last few months except for in exceptional cases that have A+ potential and can buck the market trend due to having exceptional volume. As the first part of the forest to the trees approach is considering the market Stage.

I think I'll have to review where I make my trades.

Just ditched a few more things that have fell below breakout. Did buy HAL (US) for a change but I was not picky enough about volume and have just had to bang out as it dropped below breakout.

Hopefully this is all good experience.

(2014-07-29, 01:06 AM)isatrader Wrote: STEL.L (Stage 1)

Diamond based equities are doing quite strongly at the moment. PDL seems to be the leader of the pack having already broken out into a stage 2 and had one continuation move.

There is also a relatively new Diamond miners based ETF called, GEMS. Its quite hard to find information on it though.

For the watchlist from fridays scans - AAU.L, NCT.L, GPX.L, AVO.L

And on the short side - EWI.L, IPU.L, LSL.L, WSG.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

UK FTSE 350 Sectors Relative Performance

Attached is the Relative performance tables for the UK FTSE 350 Sectors.

To see the individual stocks in each sector go to: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/excha...r=&page=10 and use the drop down menu.

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Overall RS Score

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Weekly Change

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Monthly Change

As a reminder, the daily UK watchlist picks can now be found in the Elite Members section of the site. To become an Elite Member please join via the one fee on the front page of the forum here: Premium Services

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

For the UK watchlist from Mondays scans - SRB (Stage 2A breakout attempt)

And for the short watchlist - REC.L, ATK.L

isatrader

Long, ASTA.L. Wow! However, though it looks like a continuation past the spike is it really a good place to get in? Where should the stop loss go? Suspect that the risk is high with this one.

GKO.L looks interesting:

A few shorts, SDR.L, SEY.L, SPR.L & UBM.L:

(2014-08-04, 10:30 PM)pcabc Wrote: Long, ASTA.L. Wow! However, though it looks like a continuation past the spike is it really a good place to get in? Where should the stop loss go? Suspect that the risk is high with this one.

I can't find a chart on prorealtime or ADVFN for ASTA. What's the company website, as might be a different ticker?

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2014-08-04, 10:56 PM by pcabc.)

(2014-07-02, 07:44 PM)pcabc Wrote: Some breakouts, some continuations and pullbacks:

Well, looking at http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...72#pid4772 which I highlighted a few weeks back they seem mainly to have gone sideways.

(2014-08-04, 10:37 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 10:30 PM)pcabc Wrote: Long, ASTA.L. Wow! However, though it looks like a continuation past the spike is it really a good place to get in? Where should the stop loss go? Suspect that the risk is high with this one.

I can't find a chart on prorealtime or ADVFN for ASTA. What's the company website, as might be a different ticker?

Hmm. Something odd is going on. Yahoo! finance states that the symbol has changed, ASTA.L is now MXO.L. MXO.L has 5 days of data only and it does not appear to tie up with the chart I plotted.