Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 80

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

Impossible to tell, but the market makers may have inventory left over from this insider sell:

12-Jun-14 Sell Trade Notifier Information for CareTech Holding

Stewart Wallace 260.2 GBX 300,000 506124

Ah, that may explain it, thanks. It just seemed to hve a very strange pattern to it. Normally when I see stocks turn and fade there's often selling associated. But this one just seemed a little different.

So that makes sense and they're clearing the excess. For this reason they are going to to onto my watchlist and I may take a nibble if they rise about that recent peak.

I had to ask this question as I more used to the racing game where on the exchages there is someone on either side of the argument for or against a horse or event. With the stock market there's the buyers, the sellers and the market makers and it's the latter which, for me, muddies the picture somewhat.

I tell you something; horse racing is far, far simpler than this.

- Malc

Pam: "I wonder what my name means in Welsh"
Nessa: "Why?"

(2014-07-03, 02:05 PM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: I am looking at CTH.L (CareTech Holdings Limited)
From a Weinstein investor point of view I think all you need to know is that this is a 1-year old stock, so you don't have a decent 30 week MA uptrend to look at, but, insofar as one exists, the b/o on hi volume was at 250,
it turned around before hitting 270,
remains in some measure of 1 year uptrend, and now has returned to 250 on low volume, which is potentially one to watch. Your question as a holder is whether to add at breakout level or whether to get out while you are around b/e, as it is not behaving as well as you would like, which it obviously isn't.

(2014-07-03, 09:09 PM)Lplate Wrote:
(2014-07-03, 02:05 PM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: I am looking at CTH.L (CareTech Holdings Limited)
From a Weinstein investor point of view I think all you need to know is that this is a 1-year old stock...

I bought into CTH.L recently. Unfortunately I bought a little late, a habit I need to get out of as I'm a little negative on this stock at the moment. However, it is not a 1 year stock:

Yahoo has data going back to 2009. I fetched data back 3 years, albeit it has some errounous sections as some of the smaller stocks seem to do from time to time.

Quote:...
so you don't have a decent 30 week MA uptrend to look at, but, insofar as one exists, the b/o on hi volume was at 250,
it turned around before hitting 270,
remains in some measure of 1 year uptrend, and now has returned to 250 on low volume, which is potentially one to watch. Your question as a holder is whether to add at breakout level or whether to get out while you are around b/e, as it is not behaving as well as you would like, which it obviously isn't.

From what I can see the question is whether it drops below 250. If it does I presume that it should be sold rapdily rather than awaiting resistance at 230 at it is a failed breakout. However, is the volume all that bad on a daily chart? Volume did increase and then drop back.

For the UK watchlist from today's scans - BGL.L, HDY.L, RMP.L, EMG.L, GEMD.L, VOG.L, SDL.L, RRL.L, NSCI.L

And for the short watchlist - SKG.L, SMDS.L, GNK.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-07-03, 10:11 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2014-07-03, 09:09 PM)Lplate Wrote: [quote='MalcolmSm1th' pid='4782' dateline='1404392715']
I am looking at CTH.L (CareTech Holdings Limited)
From a Weinstein investor point of view I think all you need to know is that this is a 1-year old stock...

. . . However, it is not a 1 year stock:

Yahoo has data going back to 2009. . . .
[quote] Malc Yes sorry Bigcharts shows only 1 year; I should have done more reading before posting.
PS Daily volume though used in scans for candidates, is not something to use for decisions, which Investor should use vol on weekly not daily, to avoid getting tied up with the minutiae as you discuss. (It is a habit carried over from other TA methods, I suppose.)

(This post was last modified: 2014-07-04, 08:37 AM by Lplate.)

ETOnow 325 has 320 b/o http://tinyurl.com/lk8er6z
I have stop below the low of 270, but could be perhaps below 300.
tgt =only +35 at 360 so poor RR, but I'd be inclined to trail to see if bk 370. (2 positions maybe, so could TP on one.)

Thanks everyone for the clarification of the CTH.L

I have got it on my Watch List

Pam: "I wonder what my name means in Welsh"
Nessa: "Why?"