Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 71

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2014-05-26, 09:49 PM)Tryst Wrote: I had a look at this chart, and scaled out to the monthly chart. Over the 5+ years this chart has dropped from 600, give or take, in what was in what looks like a stage4 that happened over 2 years. It looks like it attempted a stage 2 in April 2012 but failed (on the month) which makes the monthly chart look like it is still in the very early stages of a basing phase.

So playing devils advocate, as I do Smile, can we map Stan's stages (on a weekly basis), however many cycles from 1-4 occur onto the monthly chart?

Can we use the monthly chart to do the stages, or should we strictly stick to the weekly chart?

Firstly, when looking at a long term chart, especially a monthly chart, you have to use a logarithmic scale, as an arithmetic scale is virtually useless after a stock has had a large decline as you can see on the chart you posted, as the last three years has been squashed into a tiny portion of the chart. So for weekly and above charts you need to use a logarithmic scale imo.

I always look at the monthly chart on every stock as I think it's very important personally, as it gives the broader view of what's happened with the stock and can give extra confirmation if the Stages are moving in a similar path. i.e. on a weekly Stage 2A breakout, I'd want to see the monthly chart recovering into at least Stage 1A moving above a likely still declining 30 month MA, or 4B- at the very least like the monthly chart of CNS.L attached below.

You should always look at multiple time frames when determining the Stages imo. I use monthly, weekly and daily, as well as point and figure charts when I do my stage analysis, as I think it's very important and that they should show a logical progression across the time frames like I mentioned before.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

The daily scans continue to not yield many good candidates at the moment in either direction both in the UK and the US markets, which highlights the current poor market conditions we are seeing.

Here's a few continuation attempts for the UK long watchlist from today's scans that might have some potential as they have seen some volume strength today - HLCL.L, CCE.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

For the UK watchlist today - POS.L, AEG.L, TNCI.L, LGO.L, TMZ.L, MTL.L, FDI.L

And for the short watchlist - ETI.L, PAY.L

isatrader

NRR.L is the best looking trader method breakout I've seen for a while in the UK watchlist, as it's had a six month consolidation above a rising 30 week MA, which has formed a cup and handle pattern, with volume contracting to below average on the handle and then increasing by more than 4x the average today on it's breakout to new highs. Although one negative is that the relative performance didn't also make new highs, but is still quite strong above it's zero line.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

For the UK long watchlist today - DPW.L, EMG.L, KENV.L, GOG.L, SCPA.L

And for the short watchlist - NICL.L, CAY.L, NUM.L, VEC.L

isatrader

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

For the UK long watchlist from Friday's scans of the LSE and AIM markets - CFYN.L, STOB.L, ASW.L, TXH.L, LGO.L (included monthly and weekly charts), SMDR.L, UCG.L, MBH.L

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2014-06-01, 07:36 PM by pcabc.)

(2014-01-08, 02:46 AM)isatrader Wrote: P.S. The Government plans to remove 0.5 per cent stamp duty on AIM share purchases from April, giving investors an extra incentive to buy them over FTSE 350 stocks.

One think that has bit me in the past is forgetting to check the spreads, these can be quite large. OTOH I have made money off of MBH and THAL in the past and these have relatively high spreads. Something to look for.

Some longs, HIK.L, PNN.L, SCPA.L, SL.L & TMZ.L. Note that Isatrader posted TMZ.L a few days back. However, it is interesting to note the spike in volume and increase in relative strength since his post, so it is behaving as predicted so far.

UK FTSE 350 Sectors Relative Performance

Attached is the Relative performance tables for the UK FTSE 350 Sectors.

To see the individual stocks in each sector go to: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/excha...r=&page=10 and use the drop down menu.

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Overall RS Score

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Weekly Change

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Monthly Change

isatrader