Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 68

(This post was last modified: 2014-05-12, 10:52 PM by Tryst.)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2014-05-11, 01:34 PM)isatrader Wrote: WPP.L (Stage 3), SLN.L (Stage 3A)

WPP looks a good short as the Media sector (NMX5550) isn't looking too good. The 30 week MA is flattening out nicely.

SLN.L, looks a bit tricky as the sector is actually the strongest sector in Isatraders Relative Performance tables. One of the key leaders of the sector, Astrazeneca, has had a bid on the company and a bit of M&A in a sector can float most boats higher. The reason why this sector was one of the worst last week is because the week prior it was the strongest by some margin...due to that bid coming in for Astrazeneca.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2014-05-12, 09:25 PM)pcabc Wrote: I note others are fully in cash. I've sold a lot and I'm not looking to do anything much right now apart from keeping an eye on the stope as the direction is not clear. Though Segro appears to be breaking out I'm not sure that I'd want to go for it due to the uncertainty. However, it is not an equity, it is an REIT. For context I did make some late trades this year and all bar FCCN have bitten me.

So why have I posted all these REIT charts if I am not keen on putting my money where my mouth is? Good question? Are REIT's different from equities? Am I too late for SGRO.L?

Remember Weinstein's method is all about playing the winning percentages - as he says on page 76 in the book. And if you reread the Forest to the Trees approach on page 75 you will in Weinstein's words "...find yourself heavily invested in the best acting stocks when the market is powering ahead, and sitting on large cash reserves when the overall trend turns bearish."

Another useful quote from page 339:
"Don't feel you have to 100 percent invested at all times. Differentiate between a September 1982 situation, when the indicators and charts strongly suggested a fully invested position, versus a September 1987 position when extreme caution was demanded."

I think an observation that I've had from your journal is that you haven't decided if you are a trader or an investor yet, as you seem to be trying to do both, which is possible, but certainly more difficult. So I think you need to decide which suits your personality best and then focus on learning and implementing that part of the method and try not to be swayed by what others are doing.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Quote:I think an observation that I've had from your journal is that you haven't decided if you are a trader or an investor yet, as you seem to be trying to do both, which is possible, but certainly more difficult. So I think you need to decide which suits your personality best and then focus on learning and implementing that part of the method and try not to be swayed by what others are doing.

I've been trying to work as an investor, my intention was to try trading a little later. However, thanks for the observation - perhaps trying trading for a while might be a plan. I need to re-read 'When to buy'

For the watchlist today - EME.L (originally highlighted at 9.5p in December when it was approaching resistance in early Stage 2. Now attempting to make a Stage 2 continuation after forming what looks like a high tight flag pattern. Needs to clear the March swing high with a volume increase.

For the short watchlist - ACSO.L (Stage 4A), GENL.L (Stage 4A), COST.L (Stage 4A), TEF.L (Stage 3B), LSE.L (Stage 3A), UKM.L (Stage 3)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

For the watchlist today - TCH.L (Stage 2A breakout), SYM.L (Stage 2 continuation), EDR.L (Stage 2), POWR.L (Stage 2)

On the short watchlist - RSW.L (Stage 3B), ITV.L (Stage 3)

isatrader

6 year base on EDR and a mega volume breakout. Might have to buy some of this tomorrow.

(2014-05-14, 07:37 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the watchlist today - TCH.L (Stage 2A breakout), SYM.L (Stage 2 continuation), EDR.L (Stage 2), POWR.L (Stage 2)

On the short watchlist - RSW.L (Stage 3B), ITV.L (Stage 3)

For the UK watchlist tonight - CAZA.L (extended in early Stage 2, not yet clear of resistance), STAF.L (Stage 2 continuation), CHH.L (Stage 2 continuation)

Today's extensive short watchlist - CAPC.L (Stage 3B), MAB.L (Stage 3A), TCG.L (Stage 4A), CMS.L (Stage 3), CPW.L (Stage 3A), EZJ.L (Stage 3A), GFTU.L (Stage 4A), HWDN.L (Stage 4A), SPD.L (Stage 3), TED.L (Stage 3), BVS.L (Stage 4A), QED.L (Stage 3A), SMP.L (Stage 3A), KIE.L (Stage 3)

Note: There's a number of former leaders in today's short watchlist now showing signs of Stage 3 or early Stage 4

isatrader

pcabc's bumper bundle.

Spent a bit of time scanning my list and I seem to have unearthed quite a few potential shorts - not that I have shorted in anger yet personally. Here we go:

I've not checked any of these against sectors.