Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 64

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2014-05-08, 10:21 PM)isatrader Wrote: To be a continuation it doesn't have to move into Stage 3. The vast majority of Stage 2 continuations are more minor, and are from consolidations of only one to three months that form above a strongly rising 30 week MA within Stage 2. See the initial post in this thread which has the chart from page 62 of the book that shows the ideal entry point for the trader method. That pattern is the example of an ideal Stage 2 continuation pattern.

Thanks for the refresher.

(2014-05-06, 09:38 PM)isatrader Wrote: No new stocks to highlight from today's scans of the UK markets. But don't forget to look through the stocks previously highlighted recently in the watchlist, as for example various stocks that were highlighted in Stage 3 have now broken down into Stage 4. And some stocks that were highlighted early in Stage 4A have pulled back to retest their breakdown levels.

I've been checking some of the sector charts and there are some big sectors (like banks, and food retailers) that look to in be in a stage 4 decline.

i can't see how the FTSE is so high yet the sectors, aside from a handful, don't look too great.

The Oil and Gas Producers Sector doesn't look to bad mind, it has had a breakout with come charts looking good.

Isatrader, are you able to give me your stage analysis views on COP.L. It looks like it is in a stage 1b which could potentially move into stage 2a very soon.

(2014-05-08, 11:37 PM)Tryst Wrote: Isatrader, are you able to give me your stage analysis views on COP.L. It looks like it is in a stage 1b which could potentially move into stage 2a very soon.

I'd say it's in Stage 2A since the start of the year, as it formed a higher Stage 1 base when it broke out into some near term resistance in the middle of 2013, and then the relative performance caught up and it broke out with volume and a strong move above a rising zero line in January. And so a breakout above the January highs would be the first continuation imo, but you could also argue that it would be the second continuation and the Stage 2A was the earlier breakout, but the weak relative performance and declining 30 week MA and strong near term resistance, would mean a more conservative rating imo, and hence why I'd say the later breakout was the Stage 2A.

Attached is my chart, which I've done in my other software as prorealtime had a spike in it's data on one day which was distorting the chart.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

National grid is breaking out past least years peak:

However, volume not showing any rise.

Caveat, used EMA150 rather than MA150 (daily). Relative strength relative to MIDD.L - might not be exactly the same as your calcs.

For the watchlist from Friday's scans - EDG.L (Stage 1), OEX.L (Stage 1)

And for the short watchlist - PFC.L (Stage 1-, also see the monthly chart), IAE.L (Stage 3), HINT.L (Stage 4), IAG.L (Stage 3A)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A number of REITs seem to be on the cusp of breaking out of continuations. However, volume does not look good. I've noted GPOR, SREI, HMSO & BLND. I believe SREI is an investment trust rather than an REIT if that matters to you.

I have modest positions in GPOR & SREI already, I don't expect to add more at the moment myself but I thought I'd highlight it for interest.

Not all in this area are doing so well. I left MKLW a while back. I have a position in TCSC, but although that appears to be in stage 2 progress is slow and volatile

UK FTSE 350 Sectors Relative Performance

Attached is the Relative performance tables for the UK FTSE 350 Sectors.

To see the individual stocks in each sector go to: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/excha...r=&page=10 and use the drop down menu.

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Overall RS Score

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Weekly Change

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Monthly Change

isatrader

UK FTSE 350 Sectors Relative Performance

Attached is the Relative performance tables for the UK FTSE 350 Sectors.

To see the individual stocks in each sector go to: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/excha...r=&page=10 and use the drop down menu.

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Overall RS Score

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Weekly Change

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Monthly Change

isatrader