Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 58

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

Tonight's additions to the UK watchlist. On the long side a potential continuation move in MLD.L

And on the short side - VLX.L, FSC.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Is Rightmove moving into a good place to short? I'll not try it for real but I will have a go in a dummy account.

(2014-04-09, 08:28 PM)pcabc Wrote: Is Rightmove moving into a good place to short? I'll not try it for real but I will have a go in a dummy account.

RMV.L is in Stage 3 and is testing the breakdown area from the previous most recent swing lows, and is now below the 200 day MA as well. The 30 week MA has begun to flatten slightly, and the relative performance has broken below the zero line, but it's still a reasonably small Stage 3, however, this is less of a factor when there's broad market weakness also, so there's a chance it might turn into a Stage 4 decline, for which it would need a weekly close below the January swing low imo. But the 200 day area is also a place where institutional investors like to buy, and so you also often see a swing low form below it, and then a rally back into the Stage 3 range. But if the stock is still weak, then it won't get much follow through and will then collapse again and make the move into a Stage 4 decline.

I hope that helps

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-04-09, 11:29 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 08:28 PM)pcabc Wrote: Is Rightmove moving into a good place to short? I'll not try it for real but I will have a go in a dummy account.

RMV.L is in Stage 3 and is testing the breakdown area from the previous most recent swing lows, and is now below the 200 day MA as well. The 30 week MA has begun to flatten slightly, and the relative performance has broken below the zero line, but it's still a reasonably small Stage 3, however, this is less of a factor when there's broad market weakness also, so there's a chance it might turn into a Stage 4 decline, for which it would need a weekly close below the January swing low imo. But the 200 day area is also a place where institutional investors like to buy, and so you also often see a swing low form below it, and then a rally back into the Stage 3 range. But if the stock is still weak, then it won't get much follow through and will then collapse again and make the move into a Stage 4 decline.

I hope that helps

It does help to calibrate myself. The MA30 (week) looked almost flat on the charts I was looking at. This seems to be heavily influenced by whether log or linear scales are used and whether the bottom of the Y axis is based around a price minimum or zero. I'll have to factor slope of the MA30 line more prominently into my screening method - so I am not caught out by 'almost' flat.

(2014-04-10, 06:29 PM)pcabc Wrote: It does help to calibrate myself. The MA30 (week) looked almost flat on the charts I was looking at. This seems to be heavily influenced by whether log or linear scales are used and whether the bottom of the Y axis is based around a price minimum or zero. I'll have to factor slope of the MA30 line more prominently into my screening method - so I am not caught out by 'almost' flat.

It looks like you are using the exponential moving average on your custom chart, which is not used in Weinstein's method. You should be using the 30 week simple MA.

isatrader

Quote:It looks like you are using the exponential moving average on your custom chart, which is not used in Weinstein's method. You should be using the 30 week simple MA.

I'm using simple in the charts I'm using to actually buy and sell stuff. However, at present I'm using exponential averages in a database I'm using as a screener as they are easier to calculate. I'm going to sort something better out for charts as mine at the moment are not fantastic.

I'll have to post about this in the journal section.

Today's additions for the watchlist on the long side - ANP.L, FPM.L, ZIOC.L, MAJE.L, TRAK.L, ACM.L, SUH.L

And on the short side - MKS.L, ZAM.L

isatrader

I going away for the weekend on a friends stag do to Estonia, so there won't be the usual weekend update until Monday when I'm back in the UK. Have a good weekend everyone.

isatrader