Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 55

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2014-04-06, 06:35 PM)ChubbyHips2014 Wrote: Hey,
I'm just setting up my pro-screener, I have watch the videos on the site and have a very basic idea on how to do it, but what criteria do I set?
Thanks.

I've had lengthy discussions about some of the scans I look at each day earlier in the thread. Two times the average daily volume is one of the main scans I look at. Here's the link to some of the previous posts on it: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...53#pid2953

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-06, 08:39 PM by Tryst.)

(2014-04-03, 11:53 PM)isatrader Wrote: It made it's second continuation move into Stage 2B imo last week after moving into stage 2A in October 2012 at 14.50p and is now retesting the recent breakout level, closing at 33.25p today, and hence has already had a Stage 2 advance of 129%.

Both levels of support that you've identified are fairly minor levels of support imo, as the breakout level only took a single attempt to break through it to the up side, and the 50 day MA can be support because a lot of people monitor it. So I think in this that there isn't any major level of support as it's also quite thinly traded, and hence you need to watch how the price reacts on this retest of the continuation breakout level. i.e. whether it stabilises and rebounds to new highs, and hence forms a lower risk entry point with potential for a close traders stop loss under the new swing low if that happens.

Thanks for the reply, Isatrader.

Looking at the charts breakout into Stage 2A, it pierced through the last stage 1 high made in March 2012 quite easily, pretty much in the same fashion as it has done last month (March 2014), though the support back in the first half of 2013 after the move into stage 2A looked to have held quite well, even though it took only one attempt break resistance and move into Stage 2A - the price even moved below the 30 week MA.

I know we touched on this in another thread not so long ago, but is it still classed as a staged 2B even though its broken out of the latest consolidation phase quite a bit away from its 30 week MA?

(2014-04-04, 10:55 AM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: Thanks ever so much for the reply to Tryst's message. This, looking at other systems, looks to have formed a classic Cup and Handle formation. Which, at the end of the day isn't too far removed from Weinstein's methods.

In fact, I have been devouring books of late and have looked at Livermore's methods and they all seem to follow similar patterns: wait for the breakout on volume, get in with a probe stake, go in again more when the next buy signal occurs and so on.

It a common thread in a lot of the books but I have to say the Livermore tends to be willing not to wait for the breakout for the initial bet sometimes if he thinks he's identified where the market has turned.

Hi MalcomSm1th, are you able to highlight on the NTBR chart where you are seeing the cup with a handle pattern? I can't see it myself on the weekly or daily.

Though, I can see one on a stock in the same sector which Isatrader has posted up recently, BEG.

OT: a bit - European cement

I hope no one minds if I post here, but UK thread seems more appropriate than the US one.

It is worth looking at the European cement producers, Lafage (LG.PA) , Heidelburg Cement (HEI.DE), Holcim (HOLN.VX)* & Italcementi (ITR.MI).

All breaking out, Italcementi first, then the other 3 Friday.

* Not sure which exchange.

I've had lengthy discussions about some of the scans I look at each day earlier in the thread. Two times the average daily volume is one of the main scans I look at. Here's the link to some of the previous posts on it: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...53#pid2953
[/quote]

Thanks very much, really helped.
another quick question, you know your list of FTSE 350 sectors, you can rank them through the Mansfield's daily. is that done through a pro-screener because I have a list of all the sectors under my-lists, and have no option to add the Mansfield. if this is coded, can you post it, if not, can you point me in the right direction so I can add this.
thanks.

(2014-04-06, 08:59 PM)ChubbyHips2014 Wrote: Thanks very much, really helped.
another quick question, you know your list of FTSE 350 sectors, you can rank them through the Mansfield's daily. is that done through a pro-screener because I have a list of all the sectors under my-lists, and have no option to add the Mansfield. if this is coded, can you post it, if not, can you point me in the right direction so I can add this.
thanks.

I do this in a different paid software called ProTA manually each week as it can't be done using prorealtime as far as I'm aware.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-04-06, 08:22 PM)Tryst Wrote: I know we touched on this in another thread not so long ago, but is it still classed as a staged 2B even though its broken out of the latest consolidation phase quite a bit away from its 30 week MA?

Yep, the B in Stage 2B, simply means late in Stage 2.

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2014-04-06, 09:30 PM by pcabc.)

My first post with some charts.

Premier-Farnell looks like it may just be on the cusp of breaking out. Relative strength improving. However, the recent downward spike in the cummulative force index is worrying.

Note, my relative strength calculation may not be the same as yours. I calculate it against MIDD.L, a FTSE250 ETF and subtract a exponental moving average from it to produce the line. Different averaging periods would produce different zero line crossings.

My exponential moving averages need checking, as they don't look the same as Yahoo's or stockopedia's, but the maths are very simple, something I am looking into.

Caveat, not actually shorted any stocks myself yet and probally won't short this one. However, Resolution, RSL.L, looks interesting.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2014-04-06, 08:54 PM)pcabc Wrote: I hope no one minds if I post here, but UK thread seems more appropriate than the US one.

It is worth looking at the European cement producers, Lafage (LG.PA) , Heidelburg Cement (HEI.DE), Holcim (HOLN.VX)* & Italcementi (ITR.MI).

All breaking out, Italcementi first, then the other 3 Friday.

* Not sure which exchange.

Hi pcabc, it's an interesting group and could be worth you doing further investigations into them. I've attached the weekly charts to help you compare them to each other and a few notes below:

ITR has been in Stage 2 for a year an half and so there's a risk that the volume surge recently and parabolic move could be an end of Stage 2 move. So, you need to monitor it's next significant pullback towards it's 10 week MA imo and see how it reacts. Of the other three the least extended are LG and HEI which are just making Stage 2 continuation moves from long consolidation bases. LG had the best relative volume on it's breakout of those two, and HOLN is short term extended and so would be prudent to wait for a pullback.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader