Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 34

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2014-02-17, 12:54 AM)Tryst Wrote: Chrome is my browser of choice...and that is where the images/links don't show. If you mouse over the dead icons you can see the title text popup which is why I knew what each one done.

Now i've opened up the site in Firefox and the text links are actually showing...however, the rate/reputation link still isn't in the bottom left of each post.

It's obviously a localized problem for you then, as others are using the feature, and I can see it on multiple devices, iMac, iPad, iPhone, and a PC in multiple browsers. I imagine it's a cache issue, and so could be resolved by disabling the browser cache and then refreshing the page. I do this in Firefox with the Web developer extension which has a handy disable cache button. Here's the link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...developer/

The button to give reputation should be next to the "Find" button and is called "Rate". But if you are getting a missing icon symbol, then you should still be able to click on that and will bring up a pop up box to write your message.

I've attached below what your post looks like on my screen. I have a few extra buttons as I'm the admin, but I've highlighted the Rate button so you can see what it's supposed to look like.

But one final point is that the Rate button only shows up on someone else's post as you can't rate your own posts. So it should be visible on my posts for you and invisible on your posts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-02-17, 12:54 AM)Tryst Wrote: Chrome is my browser of choice...and that is where the images/links don't show. If you mouse over the dead icons you can see the title text popup which is why I knew what each one done.

Now i've opened up the site in Firefox and the text links are actually showing...however, the rate/reputation link still isn't in the bottom left of each post.

It's obviously a localized problem for you then, as others are using the feature, and I can see it on multiple devices, iMac, iPad, iPhone, and a PC in multiple browsers. I imagine it's a cache issue, and so could be resolved by disabling the browser cache and then refreshing the page. I do this in Firefox with the Web developer extension which has a handy disable cache button. Here's the link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...developer/

The button to give reputation should be next to the "Find" button and is called "Rate". But if you are getting a missing icon symbol, then you should still be able to click on that and will bring up a pop up box to write your message.

I've attached below what your post looks like on my screen. I have a few extra buttons as I'm the admin, but I've highlighted the Rate button so you can see what it's supposed to look like.

But one final point is that the Rate button only shows up on someone else's post as you can't rate your own posts. So it should be visible on my posts for you and invisible on your posts.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2014-02-17, 11:51 PM by Tryst.)

Below is what I see.

I have actually located the rate button, it;s the third dead icon across from the left.

So long as I know it is there and can work, that is all that matters.

You've rated up for your help! Smile

(2014-01-17, 01:29 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-01-17, 01:19 AM)Tryst Wrote: Lets hope some of the commodities AIM stocks start coming along for the ride. The GDX and GDXJ (gold miners and gold miners juniors) is looking potentially like a stage 2A. The miners on the LSE track these ETFs quite tighly, as do the silver miners with the SIL ETF.

The GDX and GDXJ ETFs in the US are a long way from Stage 2A still I'm afraid, as both are still in Stage 4B, with the potential to move into early Stage 1A soon if they continue their recent short term bounce. So for the time being it's too early for these broad ETFs but you might be able to find some leading stocks that are ahead of the sector and moving into Stage 2A in the AIM.

Hi Isatrader, how are your charts of the GDX and GDXJ looking?

The PM miners (main and juniors) have been one of best performing sectors at the start of 2014.

(This post was last modified: 2014-02-17, 11:51 PM by Tryst.)

Below is what I see.

I have actually located the rate button, it;s the third dead icon across from the left.

So long as I know it is there and can work, that is all that matters.

You've rated up for your help! Smile

(2014-01-17, 01:29 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-01-17, 01:19 AM)Tryst Wrote: Lets hope some of the commodities AIM stocks start coming along for the ride. The GDX and GDXJ (gold miners and gold miners juniors) is looking potentially like a stage 2A. The miners on the LSE track these ETFs quite tighly, as do the silver miners with the SIL ETF.

The GDX and GDXJ ETFs in the US are a long way from Stage 2A still I'm afraid, as both are still in Stage 4B, with the potential to move into early Stage 1A soon if they continue their recent short term bounce. So for the time being it's too early for these broad ETFs but you might be able to find some leading stocks that are ahead of the sector and moving into Stage 2A in the AIM.

Hi Isatrader, how are your charts of the GDX and GDXJ looking?

The PM miners (main and juniors) have been one of best performing sectors at the start of 2014.

(2014-02-17, 11:05 PM)Tryst Wrote: Hi Isatrader, how are your charts of the GDX and GDXJ looking?

True, they have been, but in terms of Weinstein's method they've only just moved into Stage 1A and relative performance although recovering strongly is still below the zero line, and both are still well below heavy resistance. But remember they are averages of multiple stock charts, so the fact that they've moved back into Stage 1A means that you should be able to find some stocks further into their recovery and already breaking out into Stage 2 like ABG.L which moved into Stage 2 four weeks ago, and got some stronger volume last week. And there's plenty of other types of miners too in Stage 1 / 1B like GEMD.L which is one to watch imo for a breakout with a heavy volume increase, as it's volume has gone quiet recently, so the selling pressure looks to have lessened.

Remember you want to focus on the leaders, and not the laggards and so find the strongest stocks in the sector and focus your research on those.

isatrader

(2014-02-17, 11:05 PM)Tryst Wrote: Hi Isatrader, how are your charts of the GDX and GDXJ looking?

True, they have been, but in terms of Weinstein's method they've only just moved into Stage 1A and relative performance although recovering strongly is still below the zero line, and both are still well below heavy resistance. But remember they are averages of multiple stock charts, so the fact that they've moved back into Stage 1A means that you should be able to find some stocks further into their recovery and already breaking out into Stage 2 like ABG.L which moved into Stage 2 four weeks ago, and got some stronger volume last week. And there's plenty of other types of miners too in Stage 1 / 1B like GEMD.L which is one to watch imo for a breakout with a heavy volume increase, as it's volume has gone quiet recently, so the selling pressure looks to have lessened.

Remember you want to focus on the leaders, and not the laggards and so find the strongest stocks in the sector and focus your research on those.

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2014-02-18, 12:47 AM by Tryst.)

GEMD - this is a very nice chart. Tbh with the selling, I would be looking at that after a breakout and faill back to support (old resistance), which looks to be the 168 area. I will be keeping a close eye on this one.

You can see the massive volume being accumulated on the lows of the GDX since the middle of last year onwards.

One chart that has done well for me on the Fantasy League and in my real life portfolio is, HOC. Great volume on the lows too. the range from 290 - 400 shouldn't offer too much resistance since the drop here previously was fast and on average volume.

(2014-02-18, 12:27 AM)isatrader Wrote: True, they have been, but in terms of Weinstein's method they've only just moved into Stage 1A and relative performance although recovering strongly is still below the zero line

that being said, and with traders waiting in the wings so all ducks are lined up, there could be a whole lot more buying coming into this sector.

(This post was last modified: 2014-02-18, 12:47 AM by Tryst.)

GEMD - this is a very nice chart. Tbh with the selling, I would be looking at that after a breakout and faill back to support (old resistance), which looks to be the 168 area. I will be keeping a close eye on this one.

You can see the massive volume being accumulated on the lows of the GDX since the middle of last year onwards.

One chart that has done well for me on the Fantasy League and in my real life portfolio is, HOC. Great volume on the lows too. the range from 290 - 400 shouldn't offer too much resistance since the drop here previously was fast and on average volume.

(2014-02-18, 12:27 AM)isatrader Wrote: True, they have been, but in terms of Weinstein's method they've only just moved into Stage 1A and relative performance although recovering strongly is still below the zero line

that being said, and with traders waiting in the wings so all ducks are lined up, there could be a whole lot more buying coming into this sector.