Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 22

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2014-02-04, 01:00 AM)Tryst Wrote: Are you able to share your screener which you use to identify stage 4 breakdowns, please?

Here you go, only a few minor differences to long version, reversing a few greater than symbols to less than. And you want to change the sorting criteria to show lowest values of sorting criteria. Bottom right above the Execute ProScreener button

Code:
indicator1 = Volume
indicator2 = Average[200](Volume)
c1 = (indicator1 > (indicator2*2))

c2= Close[0] < Close[1]

c3= Average[10](Close[0]) < Average[10](Close[1])

Condition1 = (Close[0]-Close[1]) / AverageTrueRange[200](close)

SCREENER[c1 AND c2 AND c3] (Condition1 AS "ATR change")

(2014-02-04, 01:00 AM)Tryst Wrote: Thanks. I understand what it is doing in the code/screener, it is the indicator AverageTrueRange i'm trying to get my head around...why a MA couldn't have just been used instead Smile I'm sure the penny will drop when I am on my way to work, or something, it always does Smile

The purpose of using the 200 day Average True Range to rank the stocks, is that we are looking for stocks making abnormal moves compared to their normal range. So using the percentage gain wouldn't tell you anything other than it's had a big move, and small cap stocks have big moves every day in both directions. So by using the ATR instead, you get the stocks that are making the biggest moves relative their price action over the last 200 days, and not just a list of small and micro cap stocks, as you only get the top 50 results.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-02-04, 01:00 AM)Tryst Wrote: Are you able to share your screener which you use to identify stage 4 breakdowns, please?

Here you go, only a few minor differences to long version, reversing a few greater than symbols to less than. And you want to change the sorting criteria to show lowest values of sorting criteria. Bottom right above the Execute ProScreener button

Code:
indicator1 = Volume
indicator2 = Average[200](Volume)
c1 = (indicator1 > (indicator2*2))

c2= Close[0] < Close[1]

c3= Average[10](Close[0]) < Average[10](Close[1])

Condition1 = (Close[0]-Close[1]) / AverageTrueRange[200](close)

SCREENER[c1 AND c2 AND c3] (Condition1 AS "ATR change")

(2014-02-04, 01:00 AM)Tryst Wrote: Thanks. I understand what it is doing in the code/screener, it is the indicator AverageTrueRange i'm trying to get my head around...why a MA couldn't have just been used instead Smile I'm sure the penny will drop when I am on my way to work, or something, it always does Smile

The purpose of using the 200 day Average True Range to rank the stocks, is that we are looking for stocks making abnormal moves compared to their normal range. So using the percentage gain wouldn't tell you anything other than it's had a big move, and small cap stocks have big moves every day in both directions. So by using the ATR instead, you get the stocks that are making the biggest moves relative their price action over the last 200 days, and not just a list of small and micro cap stocks, as you only get the top 50 results.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

ah, great stuff. I'll have a play around again tomorrow evening.

Going to hit the sack now...want to be up earlier to see how Asia and Europe react to todays US equity sell off.

Catch you online tomorrow.

ah, great stuff. I'll have a play around again tomorrow evening.

Going to hit the sack now...want to be up earlier to see how Asia and Europe react to todays US equity sell off.

Catch you online tomorrow.

A few for the UK watchlist today:

SAF.L, VCT.L, AMED.L

ACTA.L, TPET.L

isatrader

A few for the UK watchlist today:

SAF.L, VCT.L, AMED.L

ACTA.L, TPET.L

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2014-02-05, 01:32 AM by Tryst.)

isatrader, the stage4 breakdown screener code has worked a treat.

I have noticed that even the custom created indicators are also be accessed via the code.

There is some great potential here for sure.

here's a dreadfully bearish chart of Cine (run from the stage4 breakdown screencode from Isatrader above). It has even put in a double top major reversal pattern

CINE

(This post was last modified: 2014-02-05, 01:32 AM by Tryst.)

isatrader, the stage4 breakdown screener code has worked a treat.

I have noticed that even the custom created indicators are also be accessed via the code.

There is some great potential here for sure.

here's a dreadfully bearish chart of Cine (run from the stage4 breakdown screencode from Isatrader above). It has even put in a double top major reversal pattern

CINE