Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 18

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2014-01-30, 12:46 AM)Tryst Wrote: I didn't know where to post this...maybe it is worth having a section 'User ideas' or something along those lines.

The Feedback thread in the General section is what I created that thread for.

(2014-01-30, 12:46 AM)Tryst Wrote: What would be good is if we had a screener which would identify stocks that have put in a saucer bottom and whose price is just slowly nudging up along with the 30 week MA. I am looking for equities using the full Weinstein approach to maximise all gains, and I believe accumulating at the basing phase on new breaks higher and on the retests of the MA would provide the best opportunity for greater gains.

I have a few scans that I use that find the early Stage 2A breakouts and pullbacks. The simplest one is the Double Top P&F breakout scan that I use for the Daily Breakouts threads, which catches every breakout in the Nasdaq and NYSE markets with a market cap of over 50million. But this is only available for US stocks currently as the stockcharts scanner I use for point and figure breakouts only covers the US market. In order to do the same scan for UK stocks I'd need access to Dorsey Wrights scanner which costs around $35 a month, and as the free ProRealtime scans that I've set up pick up the vast majority anyway, so it's an extra expense that I don't think is necessary currently.

Another method that's very good at finding the early Stage 2A breakouts is to look for a cross above the weekly Ichimoku Cloud. Here's the code that I use in Prorealtime's ProScreener:

Code:
ignored, ignored, ignored, indicator1 = CALL Ichimoku[9, 26, 26, 52]
c1 = (close CROSSES OVER indicator1)

ignored, ignored, indicator2, ignored = CALL Ichimoku[9, 26, 26, 52]
c2 = (close CROSSES OVER indicator2)

SCREENER[c1 OR c2] ((close/DClose(1)-1)*100 AS "%Chg yest.")

And another screen you might find useful is a touch and then close above the 10 week MA, with a rising 30 week MA. As this mostly gives you pullbacks within Stage 2 to manually look through for the best candidates. here's the code:

Code:
indicator1 = Average[10](close)
c1 = (low CROSSES UNDER indicator1)

indicator3 = Average[30](close)
indicator4 = Average[30](close)
c2 = (indicator3 > indicator4[1])

indicator5 = Average[10](close)
c3 = (close > indicator5)

Condition1 = (Close[0]-Close[5]) / AverageTrueRange[200](close)

SCREENER[c1 AND c2 AND c3] (Condition1 AS "ATR change")

I hope that helps get you started.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-01-30, 12:46 AM)Tryst Wrote: I didn't know where to post this...maybe it is worth having a section 'User ideas' or something along those lines.

The Feedback thread in the General section is what I created that thread for.

(2014-01-30, 12:46 AM)Tryst Wrote: What would be good is if we had a screener which would identify stocks that have put in a saucer bottom and whose price is just slowly nudging up along with the 30 week MA. I am looking for equities using the full Weinstein approach to maximise all gains, and I believe accumulating at the basing phase on new breaks higher and on the retests of the MA would provide the best opportunity for greater gains.

I have a few scans that I use that find the early Stage 2A breakouts and pullbacks. The simplest one is the Double Top P&F breakout scan that I use for the Daily Breakouts threads, which catches every breakout in the Nasdaq and NYSE markets with a market cap of over 50million. But this is only available for US stocks currently as the stockcharts scanner I use for point and figure breakouts only covers the US market. In order to do the same scan for UK stocks I'd need access to Dorsey Wrights scanner which costs around $35 a month, and as the free ProRealtime scans that I've set up pick up the vast majority anyway, so it's an extra expense that I don't think is necessary currently.

Another method that's very good at finding the early Stage 2A breakouts is to look for a cross above the weekly Ichimoku Cloud. Here's the code that I use in Prorealtime's ProScreener:

Code:

And another screen you might find useful is a touch and then close above the 10 week MA, with a rising 30 week MA. As this mostly gives you pullbacks within Stage 2 to manually look through for the best candidates. here's the code:

Code:

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Today's UK stocks for the watchlist - E2V.L, CWK.L, SAFE.L, FCR.L, IDM.L

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Today's UK stocks for the watchlist - E2V.L, CWK.L, SAFE.L, FCR.L, IDM.L

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

(2014-01-30, 01:13 AM)isatrader Wrote:

Code:

Code:

Thanks very much, isatrader. I will looking at playing with screeners on ProRealTime this weekend when I have got a spare moment.

Would it be worth having a thread which shows how to program indicators? allowing us to also post so that people can contribute by providing their own programming indicators.

(2014-01-30, 01:13 AM)isatrader Wrote:

Code:

Code:

Thanks very much, isatrader. I will looking at playing with screeners on ProRealTime this weekend when I have got a spare moment.

Would it be worth having a thread which shows how to program indicators? allowing us to also post so that people can contribute by providing their own programming indicators.

(2014-01-31, 02:25 PM)Tryst Wrote: Thanks very much, isatrader. I will looking at playing with screeners on ProRealTime this weekend when I have got a spare moment.

I don't think it's necessary at the moment, although it's something I might consider in the future

The proscreener pdf explains how to code in prorealtime, which is quite simple, and you can also use the coding wizard that lets you click on the price and indicators on your charts and then creates the code for you, which you can then edit manually to fine tune the results. Here's the link to the pdf guide:

https://www.prorealtime.com/en/pdf/proscreener.pdf

isatrader

(2014-01-31, 02:25 PM)Tryst Wrote: Thanks very much, isatrader. I will looking at playing with screeners on ProRealTime this weekend when I have got a spare moment.

I don't think it's necessary at the moment, although it's something I might consider in the future

The proscreener pdf explains how to code in prorealtime, which is quite simple, and you can also use the coding wizard that lets you click on the price and indicators on your charts and then creates the code for you, which you can then edit manually to fine tune the results. Here's the link to the pdf guide:

https://www.prorealtime.com/en/pdf/proscreener.pdf

isatrader