Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 12

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2014-01-21, 11:36 AM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: This is one AIM stock which looks like a Stage 2 kicking off. I would have liked it if the EMS wasn't so pitiful and thus any profits would be eaten up in costs and charges.

I may have missed the previous message about this one but posting this is really a part of my 'homework' in being able to find these things. The Stage 4 and Stage 1 lines are marked.

I've marked up some charts to help you, as what you've identified is the longer term monthly Stage 2A breakout. The weekly Stage 2A breakout was in the early part of the summer last year, and it made it's first continuation move in November.

I find personally that using a monthly chart is better for anything past three years, and that the weekly chart should only have 2 to 3 years, as a stock can go through the four stages a few times in that time scale.

A few notes on your chart:

1. Save as a .png instead of a .jpg - as a png is much cleaner and so easier to read / view.

2. The Mansfield RS on a weekly chart should have a 52 period setting. The 200 period setting that you've used is for the daily chart. So you need to setup templates for both weekly and daily charts as they have different settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-01-21, 11:36 AM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: This is one AIM stock which looks like a Stage 2 kicking off. I would have liked it if the EMS wasn't so pitiful and thus any profits would be eaten up in costs and charges.

I may have missed the previous message about this one but posting this is really a part of my 'homework' in being able to find these things. The Stage 4 and Stage 1 lines are marked.

I've marked up some charts to help you, as what you've identified is the longer term monthly Stage 2A breakout. The weekly Stage 2A breakout was in the early part of the summer last year, and it made it's first continuation move in November.

I find personally that using a monthly chart is better for anything past three years, and that the weekly chart should only have 2 to 3 years, as a stock can go through the four stages a few times in that time scale.

A few notes on your chart:

1. Save as a .png instead of a .jpg - as a png is much cleaner and so easier to read / view.

2. The Mansfield RS on a weekly chart should have a 52 period setting. The 200 period setting that you've used is for the daily chart. So you need to setup templates for both weekly and daily charts as they have different settings.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Thanks for the feedback. I have changed my settings for the Mansfield. Thouigh after looking at the more longer term charts these days, ie weekly, things seem a lot clearer and less cluttered than the daily.

Noted about the .png format. I shall do these in future.

Right, time to print your message again, print out the charts and inhale.

Much obliged.
Malc

Pam: "I wonder what my name means in Welsh"
Nessa: "Why?"

Thanks for the feedback. I have changed my settings for the Mansfield. Thouigh after looking at the more longer term charts these days, ie weekly, things seem a lot clearer and less cluttered than the daily.

Noted about the .png format. I shall do these in future.

Right, time to print your message again, print out the charts and inhale.

Much obliged.
Malc

Pam: "I wonder what my name means in Welsh"
Nessa: "Why?"

Some new stocks for the UK watchlist today for you to research further - MWE.L, PPS.L, PDL.L, SBLM.L, CRM.L, OEX.L, ALL.L

isatrader

Some new stocks for the UK watchlist today for you to research further - MWE.L, PPS.L, PDL.L, SBLM.L, CRM.L, OEX.L, ALL.L

isatrader

Thanks, looking at these right now. OEX looks ripe for a change in trend. This will be closely watched.

Thanks, looking at these right now. OEX looks ripe for a change in trend. This will be closely watched.