Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 200

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

(2019-06-06, 07:44 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2019-06-06, 01:01 AM)moneymaker Wrote: Gotcha for Kinross! but I'm talking about Kirkland Lake (KL.TO). In my opinion, now is the perfect time to get in.

But again, I just started using this strategy, so I'd appreciate it if someone could give me their opinions!

I highlighted the US listed version of it in the US watchlist...

I'm not sure where you (moneymaker) are from or the platforms you use but at least on one of mine (UK) the costs for Canadian stocks are higher than US ones, so if there is a choice between a US and a Canadian listing and the costs differ that may be a consideration.

(2019-06-06, 07:44 AM)isatrader Wrote: I highlighted the US listed version of it in the US watchlist at the weekend here: https://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthre...0#pid13950. Monday was the entry point imo. It is extended now after a strong three days, so you'd have to wait for the next consolidation or pullback now, as you should never chase stocks. Risk to your portfolio is the first thing you should consider in every trade.

Got it, thank you for the advice.

I just got to this forum, I'm still discovering everything. I will pay attention to your breakout lists from now on!

(2019-06-06, 08:13 AM)pcabc Wrote: I'm not sure where you (moneymaker) are from or the platforms you use but at least on one of mine (UK) the costs for Canadian stocks are higher than US ones, so if there is a choice between a US and a Canadian listing and the costs differ that may be a consideration.

I'm from Canada, so I'd have a currency exchange penalty if I traded the US listed stocks (around 1% to 2%). For now, I've only invested in TSX listed companies but I will start looking at the US ones too.

Again, thank you to everyone willing to help out newbies on here.

STAN - Standard Chartered, about to break out and past significant previous resistance

FTSE 250 attempting to breakout into early Stage 2

Note: The FTSE 250 ETF (MIDD.L) is attempting to breakout into early Stage 2 for the first time in a few years. Relative performance versus the S&P 500 remains weak though, so US stocks are still favoured. But an interesting development if it can make the breakout, which could mean it's time for UK investors to start looking at some of the strongest looking UK stocks again finally, after years on the sidelines.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2019-07-25, 07:55 PM by pcabc.)

RE: FTSE 250 attempting to breakout into early Stage 2

(2019-07-25, 01:48 PM)isatrader Wrote: Note: The FTSE 250 ETF (MIDD.L) is attempting to breakout into early Stage 2 for the first time in a few years. Relative performance versus the S&P 500 remains weak though, so US stocks are still favoured. But an interesting development if it can make the breakout, which could mean it's time for UK investors to start looking at some of the strongest looking UK stocks again finally, after years on the sidelines.
My data feed seems to be a bit behind yours, I won't get the ETF, nor the index data for FTMC / MIDD until later, so this chart is a day behind.  I thought I'd show the breadth data that I have calculated for the UK:

Interesting that it is looking so strong by the metrics I am using. though I'm not recording a few parameters that you use.  That does not alleviate the relative strength issue.

I also note your post yesterday where one of the breakouts seemed to be a smart alpha ETF for one of the midcap US indicies.  Hopefully the midcaps are trying to catch the large caps in the US.

HOW:

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

With improving UK indexes now back in Stage 2, I thought it was time to start looking at the UK stocks once more.

Here's the first new batch for the UK watchlist - BOOT.L, CSP.L, CUKS.L, RDW.L, REC.L, STHR.L

The charts can be found at: UK Stocks Watchlist - 25th November 2019

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.