Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 199

(This post was last modified: 2019-06-05, 05:01 PM by moneymaker.)

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

(2019-06-05, 02:51 PM)isatrader Wrote: Other than being just above the 30 week it's 14% below it's February high. The 10 week MA is below the 30 week MA. We can't assess the volume until it makes a new breakout attempt above the recent high, as the volume requirement is for the Stage 2 breakout week and after. Relative performance might be above the zero line, but as with price it's below the recent highs. See the marked up chart on the previous page.

IMG.TO - Stage 4
WDO.TO - Stage 2 continuation attempt, average volume
ASR.TO - Stage 2 continuation attempt, no volume increase
COP.TO - Early Stage 2. Breaking down back towards 30 week MA

Thank you for the good explanation.

What about K.TO? It recently broke the March and April resistance and on its way to the big February one.

I'm seeing the same thing with ROXG

I looked at your checklist and I think it meets all requirements except 3.B) Do you agree?

(This post was last modified: 2019-06-05, 09:55 PM by pcabc. Edit Reason: spelling. )

(2019-06-05, 04:24 PM)moneymaker Wrote:
(2019-06-05, 02:51 PM)isatrader Wrote: Other than being just above the 30 week it's 14% below it's February high. The 10 week MA is below the 30 week MA. We can't assess the volume until it makes a new breakout attempt above the recent high, as the volume requirement is for the Stage 2 breakout week and after. Relative performance might be above the zero line, but as with price it's below the recent highs. See the marked up chart on the previous page.

IMG.TO - Stage 4
WDO.TO - Stage 2 continuation attempt, average volume
ASR.TO - Stage 2 continuation attempt, no volume increase
COP.TO - Early Stage 2. Breaking down back towards 30 week MA

Thank you for the good explanation.

What about K.TO? It recently broke the March and April resistance and on its way to the big February one.

I'm seeing the same thing with ROXG

I looked at your checklist and I think it meets all requirements except 3.B) Do you agree?

My thoughts for what they are worth, is that you could draw the trendline, as shown and wait for it to breach that:

However, you could also argue that there is resistance all the way up to 6 perhaps?  Irrespective you'd want compelling volume which is not there yet.

I'd take my view with a pinch of salt until my performance improves however.

As far as  K.TO is concerned there is still 2 more days in the weekly chart to trade. I would say when  K.TO has a confirmed break above 5.04 from February .  Then that would be a good enter point. Thennew leg up in current uptrend is still young in the weekly trend .

IMHO!
John

Thank you both for your opinions. I've come to the same conclusions! Happy to see that I'm becoming decent at this.

What's everyone's opinion on KL.TO?

My little knowledge says that this is a big winner. But again, not sure!

(2019-06-05, 10:39 PM)moneymaker Wrote: Thank you both for your opinions. I've come to the same conclusions! Happy to see that I'm becoming decent at this.

I would say let it break through the downtrend resistance line, then break through the previous  february weekly  high. If she is going to run one will have lots of time to make a profit. If she can't break downtrend resistance line she will not even get to the previous february weekly  high. A buy is now could just be pullback from a downtrend. [img][Image: jrqo1j.png][/img]

(2019-06-05, 11:00 PM)Mactheriverrat Wrote:
(2019-06-05, 10:39 PM)moneymaker Wrote: Thank you both for your opinions. I've come to the same conclusions! Happy to see that I'm becoming decent at this.

I would say let it break through the downtrend resistance line, then break through the previous  february weekly  high. If she is going to run one will have lots of time to make a profit. If she can't break downtrend resistance line she will not even get to the previous february weekly  high. A buy is now could just be pullback from a downtrend. [img][Image: jrqo1j.png][/img]

Gotcha for Kinross! but I'm talking about Kirkland Lake (KL.TO). In my opinion, now is the perfect time to get in.

But again, I just started using this strategy, so I'd appreciate it if someone could give me their opinions!

My bad. Here is KL.TO. Breakout ![img][Image: 24ex85u.png][/img]

(2019-06-06, 01:01 AM)moneymaker Wrote: Gotcha for Kinross! but I'm talking about Kirkland Lake (KL.TO). In my opinion, now is the perfect time to get in.

But again, I just started using this strategy, so I'd appreciate it if someone could give me their opinions!

I highlighted the US listed version of it in the US watchlist at the weekend here: https://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthre...0#pid13950. Monday was the entry point imo. It is extended now after a strong three days, so you'd have to wait for the next consolidation or pullback now, as you should never chase stocks. Risk to your portfolio is the first thing you should consider in every trade.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.