Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 196

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

This long with no stocks at all? I suspect isatrader has gone on holiday again! Ha

(2018-07-31, 12:43 PM)from8to800 Wrote: This long with no stocks at all? I suspect isatrader has gone on holiday again! Ha

No such luck unfortunately, been working two jobs, so time has been very limited in the evenings, so I've only been managing to do the US updates, as that's where I trade most. Might get better soon, but others are free to post ideas for the watchlist too.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hi isa,

I understand. Could you please share the screening rules? I'll programme them on my platform and hopefully diminish my dependency on you.

Thanks!

(2018-08-01, 06:39 AM)from8to800 Wrote: Hi isa,

I understand. Could you please share the screening rules? I'll programme them on my platform and hopefully diminish my dependency on you.

Thanks!

Here's a daily screen that I run in prorealtime's free screener that finds stocks with daily volume greater than two times the 200 day average; a price that's higher than the previous days; a 10 day moving average that's higher than the previous days 10 day moving average, and finally it is ranked in order of the highest percentage move compared to it's 200 day Average True Range (ATR).

Below is the code:

Code:
indicator1 = Volume
indicator2 = Average[200](Volume)
c1 = (indicator1 > (indicator2*2))

c2= Close[0] > Close[1]

c3= Average[10](Close[0]) > Average[10](Close[1])

Condition1 = (Close[0]-Close[1]) / AverageTrueRange[200](close)

SCREENER[c1 AND c2 AND c3] (Condition1 AS "ATR change")

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2018-07-31, 12:43 PM)from8to800 Wrote: This long with no stocks at all? I suspect isatrader has gone on holiday again! Ha

For quite a while the UK seems to have been a less useful hunting ground than the US.

Three ideas I have been keeping an eye on:

NANO.L appears to be forming a H&S bottom;
TRD.L which has very attractive volume;
ALT.L which also looks like it wants to move, but the weight of the market doesn't let it... for now. (forgive the annotations on the chart!)

A couple from the UK AUTO and MRW:

ABDP: