Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 209

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

SDRY & TED:

These appear to be in one of the weaker UK sectors, see UK Personal Goods Sector Breadth.  However, SDRY is moving into stage 1 and althouh TED is in stage 4 it might be strengthening, so worth looking at to see where they are heading.

TCM:

Interesting stuff from TCM - certainly looks like it could move up further.

(2020-11-22, 12:53 PM)Sartois Wrote: Interesting stuff from TCM - certainly looks like it could move up further.

I may put in a limit order so that I can snag it if it pulls back briefly.  But I'm not going to chase it.

UK Electrical Equipment / Industrial Engineering

Some appear to be setting up and some have already broken out.  Interesting volume on a few:

I really like your charts pcabc, are they done with ProRealTime? I've been looking for a charting package that provides UK sector/industry group charts and index charts with market breadth indicators and would be grateful for any recommendations or pointers. I've identified a couple of subscription services which I may try out but I'm wondering if I should try and develop my own similar to these ones?

Sorry if my post is inappropriate, I'm new here and still finding my way around.

Ian

(2020-12-13, 10:40 PM)XTR Wrote: I really like your charts pcabc, are they done with ProRealTime? I've been looking for a charting package that provides UK sector/industry group charts and index charts with market breadth indicators and would be grateful for any recommendations or pointers. I've identified a couple of subscription services which I may try out but I'm wondering if I should try and develop my own similar to these ones?

Sorry if my post is inappropriate, I'm new here and still finding my way around.

Ian
Ian,

thanks for your comments, they are really appreciated.  I programmed them myself, but that took an awful lot of time and helpful  feedback when they were confusing or busy.  Be warned though, I can't hand on heart say that my charts are failure free.  The challenge if trying to recreate these for yourself is getting hold of the breadth data.  I calculate my own.  There was a good free source for use breadth data for a while for the US market overall http://unicorn.us.com/advdec/. Unfortunately they lost their feeds. I think various sites have US breadth data, I did manage to find a UK advance / decline chart on a website a while back, but not the raw data. Since I have a data feed for US and UK end of day data I now run a script to calculate my own breadth data and I run it on sector based subsets of stocks, that is how I get my UK and US sector charts.

I am sure others can pitch in with suggestions of appropriate packages/applications.  I understand that lots of them have a lot of flexibility.

While there are many packages that cater for US markets, there seems to be a real lack of good quality UK charting software, particularly when it comes to market and sector analysis as described by SW, and the charts posted here are the best I've seen. I would prefer to pay for a ready made chart package but if this is not available, I will spend some time researching how to configure my own in  PRT although I suspect this may require more time and/or expertise than I have.

If anyone knows of any resources that might help me understand PRT's capabilities I'd be grateful to hear from you, otherwise I'll continue to read through these forums and hope to find more useful information here.

Ian