Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 205

UK and German Stock Indexes Update - FTSE 100, FTSE 250, FTSE AIM All Share & DAX

Attached is the updated UK and German equity index charts.

UK Stock Indexes

German DAX Index

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Commodities Update - Gold, Copper, Crude Oil and the Dollar Index

Attached is the updated major commodities charts, Gold (GC), Copper (HG), West Texas Intermediate Crude (CL) and the Dollar Index (DX).

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries

Attached is the updated US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries charts.

isatrader

RE: Market Breadth Extra

Dow Jones Industrial Average with NYSE Advance/Decline and also Weinstein's Momentum Index - assuming I've not made any errors.

I've calculateded the unfiltered advance-decline data as follows:
(advance-decline)/(advance+decline+unchanged)

I'll have to fetch the data for a longer time period to see the result.

Dow Jones Industrial Index & NYSE advance/decline and Momentum indices plotted for the last 15 years. I thought this would be an interesting thing to do as it would include 2008/9.

(2015-07-06, 10:00 PM)pcabc Wrote: Dow Jones Industrial Index & NYSE advance/decline and Momentum indices plotted for the last 15 years. I thought this would be an interesting thing to do as it would include 2008/9.

what's it meant to say, is the zero line a sort of bearish market indicator? Excuse my ignorance

(This post was last modified: 2015-07-06, 10:19 PM by pcabc.)

Plotting these has been a useful exercises as I feel I have a greater feel for these charts and a better understanding on the ones Isatrader posts.

(2015-07-06, 10:05 PM)malaguti Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 10:00 PM)pcabc Wrote: Dow Jones Industrial Index & NYSE advance/decline and Momentum indices plotted for the last 15 years. I thought this would be an interesting thing to do as it would include 2008/9.

what's it meant to say, is the zero line a sort of bearish market indicator? Excuse my ignorance

Malaguti, market breadth is my Achillies heal so I'm not the best one to give advice. I'm learning through doing. The topic is covered in pages 283-287 in the book. In summary zero crossings seem to be the key point including the time between them and how far the line was away from the zero line before crossing.

Looking at the advance decline line I've plotted it appears that a long trendline has been violated. I wonder if others can corroborate as I've not carried out any testing of these charts?