Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 24

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Discussion Thread

For the UK traders on the site, attached is the latest FTSE 350 Sectors Relative Performance table, which shows that Technology Hardware & Equipment (NMX9570) is still the strongest sector followed by Real Estate and Investment Services (NMX8630).

Also attached below is the FTSE 350 top performing stocks by their Mansfield Relative Performance figure which has the Thomas Cook Group (TCG.L) still in the top spot followed by Ocado (OCDO.L). However, I've started a spreadsheet so I can track the relative performance changes, and hence see which are the strongest movers since the previous readings. The last one I did was the 3rd May, and so also attached is the top 50 stocks by change in relative performance, which has OCDO.L as the the biggest mover, followed by SMP.L and MAB.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2013-05-20, 11:53 PM by isatrader.)

RE: Market Breadth Update

The following was copied from tactical-beta.com

Quote:Equity market investor sentiment has turned extremely optimistic. See the Equity Market Investor Sentimeter below, which is our most comprehensive sentiment indicator. This indicator is constructed from 10 different data series including opinion data (i.e., how do you feel about the market?) as well as money flow data (i.e., where is the money going?). This is the current state of equity market investor sentiment.
This past week the indicator turned “extremely optimistic” from just “optimistic” as investors continue to push the market higher. In essence, the “dumb money” has become extremely bullish and the “smart money” (i.e., corporate insiders) has become extremely bearish. While many would interpret these findings as a bear signal, we believe that such optimism is indicative of a highly speculative market environment. It is late in the rally for sure, but it takes “bulls to make a bull market”, and this is all we are seeing. Meaningful short term gains can be had in these circumstances.

http://tactical-beta.com/2013/05/18/the-...r-5-19-13/

Thanks for the images, isatrader.

Are the relative strengths of the 350 companies against the FTSE100?

(2013-05-21, 12:01 AM)Tryst Wrote: Are the relative strengths of the 350 companies against the FTSE100?

No, I use the S&P 500 as the zero line for the Mansfield Relative Strength settings on all my charts and relative performance tables. You can use the FTSE 100 if you like on your own, if you are only trading UK stocks. But I use the S&P 500, as it's the global barometer to compare against, and I want to be consistent across the site, so that for example if someone was looking at a US stock and a UK stock to buy, then they could easily see which one had the better relative performance overall, and not just what it's local relative performance is.

I post the major charts relative performance table every week in this thread. If you look at the last one from the weekend in Post#78 here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...699#pid699 you will see that currently the FTSE 100 is under performing the S&P 500, which is used as the zero line of the scale. So as you can see, currently only US small caps in the Russell 2000 are outperforming the S&P 500, whereas everything else is under performing.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2013-05-25, 10:44 AM by Lplate.)

(2013-04-30, 07:31 AM)Lplate Wrote:
(2013-04-01, 10:48 AM)Lplate Wrote: [END OF MARCH 13] . . . that Europe and Germany are in a Stage 3, on the brink of a breakdown, that UK is a little better clinging to stage 2, that Asia ex-Japan is still in stage 2, probably held up by Japan holding still strongly in stage 2 . . .
For new fund investors, there are no apparent stage 2 breakouts, so the Weinstein bets seem to still be on the strong stage 2s for US and Japan.

[END OF APRIL 13] . . . looking at the regions again, Asia-excl Japan (EPP) has a continuation b/o and I have shown Australia's (EWA) b/o separately. http://tinyurl.com/bo8xzw2 UK (EWU) also shows a continuation b/o.
The charts show daily, but weekly are similar.
Because of the setbacks in Japan and Australia stockmarkets in the last week I have done my global check a little early. http://tinyurl.com/o3fctrz
Japan EWJ setback looks palatable to recatch sight of the 30-week MA,
but Australia EWA looks a breakdown of both support and of the 30-week MA, like Asia excluding Japan EPP.
Latin ILF and Bricks BKF are still sideways.
UK EWU and Europe FEZ have reversed a little at resistance, but still look OK,
but not as good as USA Russell IWF (nor Japan)
With only USA and Japan looking still in good weekly uptrends the global stockmarket strength is narrow.
UK and Europe will be the ones to watch for further retreat from the resistance level

Major Stock Indexes Update

Attached is the updated major equity index charts and relative performance table.

The positive relative performance movers this week were the S&P 100 Mega Cap Stocks, The US Dollar Index and the VIX (Volatility Index). Whereas the negative movers in the table were the NYSE Stocks Index, Crude Oil, Copper and Gold.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1320]

US Stock Indexes

European Stock Indexes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Commodities Update and the Dollar Index

Attached is the updated major commodities charts, Gold (GC), Copper (HG), West Texas Intermediate Crude (CL) and the Dollar Index (DX)

isatrader

US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries

Attached is the updated US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries charts.

isatrader