Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 23

Commodities Update and the Dollar Index

Attached is the updated major commodities charts, Gold (GC), Copper (HG), West Texas Intermediate Crude (CL) and the Dollar Index (DX)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries

Attached is the updated US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries charts.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Advance Decline Breadth Charts

Attached is the updated Advance Decline Breadth Charts, including the cumulative AD line, momentum index, cumulative AD volume line, 10 Day AD oscillator, NYSE Volume Advancing / Volume Declining Ratio and the McClellan Oscillator and Summation Index

isatrader

New Highs New Lows $NYHL

Attached is the New Highs / New Lows charts

isatrader

US Industry Sectors

Attached are the updated US Industry Sector Charts and relative performance table. Financials (XLF) retakes the top spot from Consumer Discretionary (XLY), whereas Technology, although recovering, is still bottom of the RS table currently. But it has been making a strong come back the last month and so could start to move back up the table finally in the coming weeks after a long time at the bottom.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1263]

isatrader

Volatility Breadth Charts

Attached is the updated volatility breadth charts

isatrader

S&P 500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns

Another week, and another new high for the S&P 500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns chart, which added a further +59 to it's total. Since the start of May there have been 163 P&F breakouts and only 13 P&F breakdowns in the S&P 500. So again there's still no let up in this bull move currently.

The distance above the 20 day moving average oscillator chart suggests some caution though, as it's reached it's highest point since I began tracking this data, and so is very extended in relative terms.

isatrader

US Industry Sectors Breadth

Well this is a picture I don't remember seeing before since I've been doing these sector updates. All sectors are currently on a buy signal and also had another positive week. The sector breadth visual diagram really captures it I think, as you can see the very bullish picture currently with all sectors with more than half there stocks above their 150 day moving averages.

The cautionary note is that a few of the sectors are nearing the tops of their ranges in the overbought zone, but a few sectors like Technology, which has one of the largest number of stocks in it's sector at 850 currently, is only at 65.41%, and so has plenty of room left before it's considered over extended. As sectors of a similar size like Financials, which has the most stocks at 1099, is currently at 81.53% and has lingered around those upper levels since the beginning of the year and is at the top of the table again currently.

So a large percentage of stocks in an individual sector near the top of the range isn't anything to worry about imo, as individual sectors can stay bullish for a long time. But what I'm watching out for is when a lot of the sectors get near the tops of the range at the same time, as this will be a sign of greed in market. Currently, although quite extended, it not quite at the greed levels yet across the board, but it's certainly the highest it's been overall since I began following it.

Below is the data table for the Percent of Stocks Above 150 Day Moving Average in each sector which I've ordered by relative strength, with the highest to the lowest percentage in each sector. Also attached is the visual diagram of the 9 sectors and the overall NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 150 day Moving Averages, plus the 1% P&F chart and line chart of the nine sectors.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1273]

isatrader