Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 138

US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries

Attached is the updated US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries charts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

US Industry Sectors Breadth

Below is the data table for the Percent of Stocks Above 150 Day Moving Average in each sector which I've ordered by relative strength, with the highest to the lowest percentage in each sector. Also attached is the visual diagram of the 9 sectors and the NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 150 day Moving Averages line chart.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=12493]

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Dow Jones US Sub Sectors Performance

Attached is the US Sub Sectors ordered by the weekly percentage change. To see the full list sectioned by major sector, with links through to individual stocks in each sector, go to: http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/indust...ECTOR_SPDR

isatrader

US Industry Sectors

Attached are the updated US Major Sector Charts and relative performance table.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=12498]

isatrader

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

(2014-08-03, 08:01 PM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: Tryst, I have my own indcators which I am still tidying up the code for and I am letting them loose on the FTSE-100 (that's London for those who drive on the wrong side of the road) and on Thursday night I had 18 new sell signals on these 100 stocks on top of the others that I was getting all week.

I am waiting to see what tomorrow gives us when our neighbours in England open the markets.

Hi Malcom, how did those FTSE 100 indicators look at the end of last week? Did they deteriorate?

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

(2014-08-10, 10:51 PM)Tryst Wrote:
(2014-08-03, 08:01 PM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: Tryst, I have my own indcators which I am still tidying up the code for and I am letting them loose on the FTSE-100 (that's London for those who drive on the wrong side of the road) and on Thursday night I had 18 new sell signals on these 100 stocks on top of the others that I was getting all week.

I am waiting to see what tomorrow gives us when our neighbours in England open the markets.

Hi Malcom, how did those FTSE 100 indicators look at the end of last week? Did they deteriorate?

I'm not Malcolm, however, my stock screener mainly contains UK stocks (not restricted to FTSE100) and I'm seeing a lot more short-term and long-term lows than highs.

RE: Market Breadth Extra

(2014-08-06, 10:10 PM)Tryst Wrote: Like, Isatrader stated, it is ultimately your decision.

Though I would ask myself this if (and I am a lot) in your position. Are you clinging onto your trade in hope that it will bounce...although you do have a valid technical indicator holding out to stick to. Though if everything else around the trade is bad, then you need to be emotionless with your trading and make the call.

One of many useful tips from Mark Minervini's book, 'Trade like a stock market wizard', he states that if soon after you place a trade and the trade doesn't act as you expected it too then get out. If the trade changes direction and then does what you initially expected it to, then you can always get back in.

That is easier said than done mind as I am in a very similar position with PGD. I am down about 10% and it is right on critical support. I know if this breaks on a weekly close I will shut out my position.

The Mark Minervini book is brilliant I think as it touches on some core trading traits which I can relate to in past experience. I am meaning to write a review on it under the journal section soon.

Hey Tryst,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the late reply as I am just seeing this post right now. Totally agree with your assessment. I ended up selling all three of the stocks in question and don't feel the least bit regretful about my decision. Like you said, they didn't act as expected so I ditched them for better opportunities.

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

RE: Market Breadth Extra

No probs, theory6453, and good job on the decision making.

Great quote by the way, the Michal Jordan one.

I'm reading the first Market Wizards book and almost all traders interviewed in that book was taken to the cleaners, and some multiple times.

Does anyone listen to the Michal Covel podcasts? There are some good interviews on there, one of which is with Mark Minervini, along with Jack Schwager, author of Market Wizards, and also some of the traders from the books, such as Tom Basso.

http://www.michaelcovel.com/2014/04/20/e...ing-radio/

http://www.michaelcovel.com/category/interviews/