Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 400

RE: Trendline Breakouts in the Percentage of Stocks Above Their Key MAs

(2020-07-15, 11:52 PM)isatrader Wrote: Trendline breakouts today in the Nasdaq and NYSE Percentage of Stocks Above Their long term 200 day MAs, and medium term 150 day MAs. A further close above the horizontal pivot would be a strong signal imo

isatrader, great analysis like always. 
A question on the breadth measures. For the Combined version (% above 50/150/200d MAs) have you backtested these to find the best combination? Perhaps tried with different weighting for long term (% of stocks above 200d) vs short term (% above 50d MA). Perhaps adding in Small and Midcap breadth measure could be useful as they are usually the segment that moves first in a market correction. Or add % of stocks above 20d EMA? Just some thoughts. Keep up the amazing work tx

(2020-07-27, 10:18 AM)Twenty Bagger Wrote: isatrader, great analysis like always. 
A question on the breadth measures. For the Combined version (% above 50/150/200d MAs) have you backtested these to find the best combination? Perhaps tried with different weighting for long term (% of stocks above 200d) vs short term (% above 50d MA). Perhaps adding in Small and Midcap breadth measure could be useful as they are usually the segment that moves first in a market correction. Or add % of stocks above 20d EMA? Just some thoughts. Keep up the amazing work tx

No, was just an experiment to start out with, as I always look the 6 MA breadth charts of the NYSE & Nasdaq at the same time. So i thought it would be interesting to combine the data into one chart. And as you've seen it's makes a very useful breadth chart imo.

As far as backtesting. No, but from the 20 year chart I can see that my normal ranges that I use on the 150 day MA sector breadth work just the same. i.e. Above 60% - Stage 2, Below 40% - Stage 4, and 40% to 60% range is Stages 1 or 3

Feel free to experiment with different combinations. As adding the 20 day MA breadth might affect a little. But I'm pretty happy with how it works with the current combination.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2020-07-27, 11:42 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-07-27, 10:18 AM)Twenty Bagger Wrote: isatrader, great analysis like always. 

No, was just an experiment to start out with, as I always look the 6 MA breadth charts of the NYSE & Nasdaq at the same time. So i thought it would be interesting to combine the data into one chart. And as you've seen it's makes a very useful breadth chart imo.

As far as backtesting. No, but from the 20 year chart I can see that my normal ranges that I use on the 150 day MA sector breadth work just the same. i.e. Above 60% - Stage 2, Below 40% - Stage 4, and 40% to 60% range is Stages 1 or 3

Feel free to experiment with different combinations. As adding the 20 day MA breadth might affect a little. But I'm pretty happy with how it works with the current combination.

Cool tx. 
The 150d sector breadth is your own data source? cannot see those tickers on Stockcharts.com

(2020-07-27, 02:36 PM)Twenty Bagger Wrote: Cool tx. 
The 150d sector breadth is your own data source? cannot see those tickers on Stockcharts.com

Yes, I create it manually using stockcharts screener for each of the sectors, and then create the percentages

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...bel/RABWDB

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...e%20Survey

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sector overview

US:

UK:

Commodities:

US Sectors:

Ranking: