Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 385

RE: Trading 212 free stock share worth up to £100?

(2020-04-26, 04:14 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-04-26, 04:02 PM)pcabc Wrote: A question, what order types do they have available on an ISA account?

Looks like standard trading account, CFD account and ISA account

I mean, in the ISA account can you only put in limit or fill or kill market orders for US stocks for example?  This is significant I find as for example HL is fill or kill only and II limit order only for US stocks.

(2020-04-26, 04:24 PM)pcabc Wrote: I mean, in the ISA account can you only put in limit or fill or kill market orders for US stocks for example?  This is significant I find as for example HL is fill or kill only and II limit order only for US stocks.

Sorry, miss read what you meant. It seems like you can use any of the following order types - Market, Limit, Stop and Stop Limit. But I will let you know for sure once I've placed a trade with them.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2020-04-26, 04:44 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-04-26, 04:24 PM)pcabc Wrote: I mean, in the ISA account can you only put in limit or fill or kill market orders for US stocks for example?  This is significant I find as for example HL is fill or kill only and II limit order only for US stocks.

Sorry, miss read what you meant. It seems like you can use any of the following order types - Market, Limit, Stop and Stop Limit. But I will let you know for sure once I've placed a trade with them.

That is interesting.  Some flexibility for getting in.

Advance Decline Line

NYSE and Nasdaq Cumulative Advance Decline Lines - Positive crossover of the 10 and 30 day EMAs in the last few days, and both of the NSE and Nasdaq Cumulative lines have closed above recent highs their declining 50 day MAs.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2020-04-26, 03:11 PM)isatrader Wrote: I've just signed up with an account with Trading 212 to test out the ISA account. It says it has £0 fee Stocks & Shares ISA, £0 commission investing and No foreign exchange fees. So I thought it was worth testing to see if that's the case. The stocks available is limited to most large and medium caps, but only very popular small caps.

They have a refer a friend scheme too.

So if you want to get a free stock share worth up to £100?

Create a Trading 212 Invest account using this link www.trading212.com/invite/FfkIt5BI and we both get a free share*

---------------------
*Only eligible to residents of United Kingdom, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria or The Netherlands. See T&Cs

I've referred about 6 people so far and haven't got a share above £10. Will be interested if you get anything of note

(2020-04-28, 07:15 PM)Joe725 Wrote: I've referred about 6 people so far and haven't got a share above £10. Will be interested if you get anything of note

Oh, so it is not a share of around £100, it is anything from 1p to £100.  Anyway, I don't consider that anyone should be swayed by by that, it should be for the usefulness of the account.

(2020-04-28, 08:18 PM)pcabc Wrote: Oh, so it is not a share of around £100, it is anything from 1p to £100.  Anyway, I don't consider that anyone should be swayed by by that, it should be for the usefulness of the account.

Yeah I think its £5-£100? Trading 212 is far superior to FreeTrade too, but it's an easy way with sing up bonuses to get easy money. FreeTrade if you haven't used it is a mobile app only, I don't understand how anyone can trade on it properly.

(2020-04-28, 08:28 PM)Joe725 Wrote: Yeah I think its £5-£100? Trading 212 is far superior to FreeTrade too, but it's an easy way with sing up bonuses to get easy money. FreeTrade if you haven't used it is a mobile app only, I don't understand how anyone can trade on it properly.

How are you finding it Trading 212.  It looks like a no-brainer but but last time I moved accounts I found that the grass was not greener, it was just different grass.

Regarding mobile trading:  Two things for me - I feel like I have proper ownership and control of my PC, but my mobile, not so much control.  The other thing - how can you see a chart properly on a mobile screen.  Really I like to sit back and have a good look zoomed in and out a bit.  I still get suckered into taking positions when perhaps I should not some times.  But with a mobile how can you get that proper look.  I'm sure it encourages impulsive trading.   The only two useful cases I can think of is if you want to get in intra-day but you have pre-planned what you wish to do and an existing order type would not cut it, or you have a position suddenly run away upwards and you want to take profits.