Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 308

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

(2018-11-03, 07:12 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2018-11-03, 06:07 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Nothing spectacular. Seems that we touched february's support though. I think next week will give us more direction.

Yep.  Suspect either it will bounce off an average when rising, (which one?*), or it will go sideways for a very long time.  Note, in the long tradition of predicting the future my predictions are suitably broad that I can likely claim to be correct whatever happens...

* yes, I know that this is not valid punctuation, but it ought to be valid.

Well, whatever happens, I will give u your credit whether we bounce or go sideways. Hopefully we will find out soon.

RE: Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns custom Breadth charts

Attached is my updated custom breadth charts that I do based on the daily point and figure double top breakouts and double bottom breakdowns.

Totals for the week:

+562 double top breakouts
-368 double bottom breakdowns

+194 net breakouts

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps

Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Note: The expected bounce came, so now I'll be watching to see how the various indexes behave as they approach their 30 week MAs. i.e. will they manage to close back above it of will it form resistance. Watching the breadth closely for clues.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

Quick description of the indicator: Sample is the same as for the Survey (2287 stocks). Stock classification is done as per Chuck Dukas's TrendAdvisor Diamond described in his book (see attached TrendAdvisor Diamond). Stocks in bullish, accumulation and recovery phases are considered healthy and cumulatively plotted as an oscillator, same as in the Survey. Those in warning, distribution and bearish phases are considered technically unhealthy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...%20Breadth
To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/201...urvey.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So… Are we about to go back to being long?

(2018-11-07, 09:17 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: So… Are we about to go back to being long?

It's too early to tell imo, as although we've had some signals in the short term breadth measures of the improvements, the majority of the Weight of Evidence indicators were hit very hard and haven't recovered even a third of the loses of the last few months in some cases. So although you might want to attempt some test entries on the long side with some strong RS stocks. The majority of the breadth remains in Stage 4 mode but I might be tempted into some test entries if the improvement continues.

isatrader

(2018-11-07, 11:52 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2018-11-07, 09:17 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: So… Are we about to go back to being long?

It's too early to tell imo, as although we've had some signals in the short term breadth measures of the improvements, the majority of the Weight of Evidence indicators were hit very hard and haven't recovered even a third of the loses of the last few months in some cases. So although you might want to attempt some test entries on the long side with some strong RS stocks. The majority of the breadth remains in Stage 4 mode but I might be tempted into some test entries if the improvement continues.

I see very little uptrends to be honest, so I'm not comfortable being long yet. It looks like some MA's on daily charts are trying to cross over back into positive territory but they still act as resistance.