Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 294

(This post was last modified: 2018-08-18, 10:36 AM by pcabc.)

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

My breadth plots, banks versus utilities, US (generally)

Interesting to compare the weakening in banks versus the utilities sector.  Limitations are that the banks are mainly US regional, with some others, not the whole finance sector and that the number of utilities is limited.

Weakening in the finance sector is supposed to lead the general market whereas the utilities are viewed as a safe haven.  I've not got the experience to back this statement up though. I'd also note that it would not take too much time for this to reverse.

RE: Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps

Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns custom Breadth charts

Attached is my updated custom breadth charts that I do based on the daily point and figure double top and double bottom breakdowns.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

Quick description of the indicator: Sample is the same as for the Survey (2287 stocks). Stock classification is done as per Chuck Dukas's TrendAdvisor Diamond described in his book (see attached TrendAdvisor Diamond). Stocks in bullish, accumulation and recovery phases are considered healthy and cumulatively plotted as an oscillator, same as in the Survey. Those in warning, distribution and bearish phases are considered technically unhealthy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...%20Breadth
To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/201...urvey.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

IT looks like the S&P 500 broke out and dropped back today. Not got the charts yet. Looking at stuff that was breaking out on my screener a lot of the breaking out stocks seemed to do that as well, break out and then drop back. In general weak volume. To me it looks like we are on the cusp of a continuation but today was not the day.

That's one way to put it but the SP500 did break its Jan 26 high, and the breadth of the market is excellent (cf the NYT diary numbers: very good, both for advances and new highs vs new lows) Also the small caps closed at+1.2%. Could be worse Wink

(2018-08-21, 09:45 PM)BarnabeBear Wrote: That's one way to put it but the SP500 did break its Jan 26 high, and the breadth of the market is excellent (cf the NYT diary numbers: very good, both for advances and new highs vs new lows) Also the small caps closed at+1.2%. Could be worse Wink

Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic.  However, given that my track record is not what I would like I'm being paranoid and trying to maximise my chances by only moving with absolute top-notch breadth.  Once thing, over the last day or two the breadth seems to have improved significantly.