Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 292

RE: Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns custom Breadth charts

Attached is my updated custom breadth charts that I do based on the daily point and figure double top and double bottom breakdowns.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps

Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Note: The S&P 500 cleared the March high level this week and the moving average breadth is in the mid 60% range, and so is making an attempt at moving into Stage 2 again. However, it closed the week with a strong down day, which caused the weekly candle into a squat for it's weekly close. So, it's a very tentative breakout attempt currently, and so needs a follow through week with strong positive close before I'm ready to call it a Stage 2 again.

The Nasdaq composite had a bad week due largely to the Facebook move, which had a knock on effect across the tech stocks that make up a lot of it's components, and small caps pulled back too. Whereas the Dow and NYSE had a strong week. So as others have already mentioned, there maybe some rotation occuring from the sectors that have been leading to the laggards.

Overall, it remains a difficult period to trade currently with very few good quality low risk setups appearing in the scans.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps

(2018-07-29, 01:38 PM)isatrader Wrote: Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Note: The S&P 500 cleared the March high level this week and the moving average breadth is in the mid 60% range, and so is making an attempt at moving into Stage 2 again. However, it closed the week with a strong down day, which caused the weekly candle into a squat for it's weekly close. So, it's a very tentative breakout attempt currently, and so needs a follow through week with strong positive close before I'm ready to call it a Stage 2 again.

The Nasdaq composite had a bad week due largely to the Facebook move, which had a knock on effect across the tech stocks that make up a lot of it's components, and small caps pulled back too. Whereas the Dow and NYSE had a strong week. So as others have already mentioned, there maybe some rotation occuring from the sectors that have been leading to the laggards.

Overall, it remains a difficult period to trade currently with very few good quality low risk setups appearing in the scans.

Hi Isa,

What value do you put on Stan's momentum index (200d avg of NYSE ad line)? 

He says to look for divergence to spot ahead of time simple corrections (when divergance occurs over several weeks) or market crash (when divergence occurs overs months).

I would like to agree with simple sector rotation explaining the change in strengths of sectors, but the MI is telling me something is up...

But does it matter? It does make for good conversation around the dinner table!

As long as S&P500 stays in Stage 2 on weekly chart, and I don't have a top formation monthly confirmed breakdown, I can get onboard the sector rotation thesis.. 

Regards,

Patrick

(2018-07-29, 06:54 PM)badcharts Wrote: What value do you put on Stan's momentum index (200d avg of NYSE ad line)? 

He says to look for divergence to spot ahead of time simple corrections (when divergance occurs over several weeks) or market crash (when divergence occurs overs months).

It's a long term indicator, and for the most part it spends a lot of it's time sideways. For me I tend to only take note when both the NYSE and Nasdaq momentum indexes either breakdown from very high levels, or both move below their zero lines at the same time. As to cover the majority of the US market you need to consider both the NYSE and Nasdaq data as a whole imo.

But in general you shouldn't worry about what a single indicator is doing and should always look at the "Weight of Evidence" from all of the breadth indicators as a whole. Stan is famous for using more than 50 for his Weight of Evidence approach. So always focus on what the breadth as a whole is saying before considering changing your strategy imo.

isatrader

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

Quick description of the indicator: Sample is the same as for the Survey (2287 stocks). Stock classification is done as per Chuck Dukas's TrendAdvisor Diamond described in his book (see attached TrendAdvisor Diamond). Stocks in bullish, accumulation and recovery phases are considered healthy and cumulatively plotted as an oscillator, same as in the Survey. Those in warning, distribution and bearish phases are considered technically unhealthy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...%20Breadth
To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/201...urvey.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Convincing report this week! I enjoyed the mini ride from the previous thursday/friday to this week. Last shakeout?
Anyway, thanks again for the good work!