Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 281

Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns custom Breadth charts

Attached is my updated custom breadth charts that I do based on the daily point and figure double top and double bottom breakdowns for those that don't follow the thread.

Note: as with the market averages, the cumulative P&F double top breakouts minus the P&F double bottom breakdowns closed above it's most recent swing high, and is also above the 20 and 50 day MAs, which crossed over each over this week - also to the updside. And the 10 day, 20 day and 50 day MA ocscillator charts are all now in positive territory, but not yet near any extreme levels. So overall some positives to add to the weight of evidence.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

Isa, why are you watching at the SP600 instead of the Russel 2000 ? You find it better ?

(2018-05-13, 01:44 PM)kero Wrote: Isa, why are you watching at the SP600 instead of the Russel 2000 ? You find it better ?

I can't get the moving average breadth data for the Russell 2000 on stockcharts, so I use the S&P 600 instead so that we have data for the main small caps at least, and combined with the S&P 400 mid caps and S&P 500 large caps, it makes up the breadth data for the S&P 1500 too.

The Russell 2000 stocks are mostly covered though by a combination of the NYSE and Nasdaq composite charts which we have breadth data for.

The correlation between the S&P 600 and the Russell 2000 is also very high at 99% over 200 days average and 98% on a 20 day average. So the differences are quite minor I've found.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Ok. Thank you. Smile

Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns custom Breadth charts

Attached is my updated custom breadth charts that I do based on the daily point and figure double top and double bottom breakdowns for those that don't follow the thread.

Note: On the cumulative P&F double top breakouts minus P&F double bottom breakdowns chart, this week closes with a minor close above the March highs, which I consider the top of the Stage 3 range. So a potential move back into Stage 2 possibly from this breadth chart. However, the short term 10 day MA oscillator chart is currently at the top of it's normal trading range, and so it may need to return towards the mean first before a bigger move higher could happen, although there's also a chance that it may breakout of that trading range. But on the normal price action it's in the overbought range in this short term measure only, whereas the longer term measures remain in good positions.

isatrader

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps

Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Note: This week saw minor pullbacks in most of the major indexes except for the small caps, which confirmed it's Stage 2 breakout from the previous week with a follow through week. The rest of the major indexes remain in Stage 3 imo, but in a bullish phase within Stage 3, as they are yet to make moves above those February/March highs that define the top of current Stage 3 range imo. So hopefully the positive improvements in the market breadth "weight of evidence" will continue, and then maybe we'll see more of the major indexes move back into the Stage 2 advancing phase. But with most in Stage 3 still, it remains a traders market, so as always, minimise risk, and only look for those A+ candidates on either side of the market.

isatrader

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

Quick description of the indicator: Sample is the same as for the Survey (2287 stocks). Stock classification is done as per Chuck Dukas's TrendAdvisor Diamond described in his book (see attached TrendAdvisor Diamond). Stocks in bullish, accumulation and recovery phases are considered healthy and cumulatively plotted as an oscillator, same as in the Survey. Those in warning, distribution and bearish phases are considered technically unhealthy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.rs/sear...%20Breadth
To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.rs/2018...urvey.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)