Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 280

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

[quote pid='12107' dateline='1525759278']
There is one other market breadth indicator I use that I would like to share here if you agree. I use the same sample as for the Survey but the data set is smaller as I started putting it together almost two years ago. Stock classification is done as per Chuck Dukas's TrendAdvisor Diamond described in his book. ...
[/quote]

Interesting, I added TrendAdvisor screening to my database here.    It seemed fairly easy to classify stock programmatically. However, I did not have much luck the time I tried it ('paper' trading I think).  So I did not take it further.  Perhaps I should have stuck at it longer?

(2018-05-06, 08:08 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2018-05-06, 07:11 PM)grbaNT Wrote: Yep, had the exact same feeling. Was expecting up week in the Survey. That is why I like the market breadth. Waiting for 3% and bigger weekly moves in the averages and the survey out of the range is the real signal to put much more cash at work. Best

I know you don't use the NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 150 day MA chart, and the other time frame MA breadth averages due to your survey, but the daily version of the 150 day MA does give some extra context to the week, as it was almost 7% lower than last week at it's low, but although it finished the week lower than the previous by 2.53%, it did have a recovery near the end of the week to finish higher than it opened the week, and so recovered over 4%, and is also around 10% higher than it was at the April lows a month ago, so there is a fairly strong divergence showing in the NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 150 day MA chart. And also the other short and longer term timeframes too. The short term especially, which gave a new P&F Bull Confirmed signal on April 10th, which was then followed by the 150 day chart on April 16th. (See http://www.investorsintelligence.com/x/b...ators.html for descriptions of the P&F market breadth signals for anyone reading this that doesn't understand what they are).

So I find the usefulness of the multi time frame approach from these missing from Weinstein's survey. Whereas the moving average breadth charts can give short, medium and long term information, as well as being used together as one for the weight of evidence approach. Hence I think there's benefits to both the stage survey and MA breadth if used in a multi time frame approach for the weight of evidence. As have been clear leading indicators over the years.

(2018-05-09, 09:46 PM)pcabc Wrote: [quote pid='12107' dateline='1525759278']
There is one other market breadth indicator I use that I would like to share here if you agree. I use the same sample as for the Survey but the data set is smaller as I started putting it together almost two years ago. Stock classification is done as per Chuck Dukas's TrendAdvisor Diamond described in his book. ...

Interesting, I added TrendAdvisor screening to my database here.    It seemed fairly easy to classify stock programmatically. However, I did not have much luck the time I tried it ('paper' trading I think).  So I did not take it further.  Perhaps I should have stuck at it longer?
[/quote]

It is easy, it is just the question of what platforms you use. I use NT's Market Analyzer to extract data and just paste them to excel sheets that do the rest of the work. Yep, fairly simple! You can do this every day, just requires some extra work after hours.

The S&P 600 small caps is making a new Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt today. So would be another positive to add to the weight of evidence if it can close out the week above it.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2018-05-10, 06:51 PM)isatrader Wrote: The S&P 600 small caps is making a new Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt today. So would be another positive to add to the weight of evidence if it can close out the week above it.

The NYSE advance decline line appears to be breaking out.

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

Quick description of the indicator: Sample is the same as for the Survey (2287 stocks). Stock classification is done as per Chuck Dukas's TrendAdvisor Diamond described in his book (see attached TrendAdvisor Diamond). Stocks in bullish, accumulation and recovery phases are considered healthy and cumulatively plotted as an oscillator, same as in the Survey. Those in warning, distribution and bearish phases are considered technically unhealthy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.rs/sear...%20Breadth
To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.rs/2018...urvey.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks grbaNT. Pretty bullish! Which you can also see by looking at the ADLine (new high) and 52WHL.

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps

Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Note: A strong week in the US markets with the S&P 600 small caps making a return to Stage 2 with a continuation breakout. The other major market averages also had stong weeks with some closes above the most recent short term highs in the S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite, however most have yet to reach the same levels as the small caps, which moved above it's March highs, and so I'd still class the majority of indexes in a bullish phase within Stage 3 still, as they need to move above the Feb/March highs in order to make Stage 2 continuation breakouts imo. But it's looking very positive currently with strong weekly closes in all the major indexes.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.