Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 272

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps

Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Note: Stage 3 is showing in all the major US markets now. Keep an eye on our leading breadth indicators, especially the Percentage of Stocks above their 150 day MAs in the various US markets which currently stand around the low 50% mark and lower in some, as moves below roughly 40% in all of these would be a sign of a potential move to Stage 4, and can happen before the various indexes actually breakdown. So something I'll be keeping an eye on.

But overall a time for caution for investors, and a time for traders to be looking for good quality possible Stage 4A breakdown candidates imo.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

(2018-03-23, 10:26 PM)isatrader Wrote: Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Note: Stage 3 is showing in all the major US markets now. Keep an eye on our leading breadth indicators, especially the Percentage of Stocks above their 150 day MAs in the various US markets which currently stand around the low 50% mark and lower in some, as moves below roughly 40% in all of these would be a sign of a potential move to Stage 4, and can happen before the various indexes actually breakdown. So something I'll be keeping an eye on.

But overall a time for caution for investors, and a time for traders to be looking for good quality possible Stage 4A breakdown candidates imo.

Could it be that we are taking a break and a stage 2 continuation will occur? Back in 2015 when the situation with Greece happened, the indexes broke below their 30 week moving averages and formed double bottoms, only to take off again about a year later.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2018-03-23, 10:43 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Could it be that we are taking a break and a stage 2 continuation will occur? Back in 2015 when the situation with Greece happened, the indexes broke below their 30 week moving averages and formed double bottoms, only to take off again about a year later.

I guess that is the nature of Stage 3, it could go either way in Stage 3 always, which is why I think the market breadth is key, as they are a leading indicator, whereas the indexes are lagging.

I'll do a full market breadth update at the weekend, to try to get an idea of the Weight of Evidence currently.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2018-03-11, 04:57 PM)grbaNT Wrote: Hi everyone,

Hope that you will find this useful! This is something I have been doing for over three years now.

Introductory post with explanation: https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.rs/2018...urvey.html

Latest data: https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.rs/sear...%20Breadth

Hi grbaNT,

I like what you are doing on your blog, it's really good stuff. Feel free to post on here too, as it would benefit everyone using the method to have the additional breadth data. As that is why I originally set this site up as a forum instead of just a blog for me, as I wanted to bring together everyone trading Stans method, and make it easy to discuss it and learn from each other and post stocks ideas that meet the methods criteria.

So I hope you'll consider posting on here too as well as your blog.

isatrader

(2018-03-23, 10:50 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2018-03-23, 10:43 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Could it be that we are taking a break and a stage 2 continuation will occur? Back in 2015 when the situation with Greece happened, the indexes broke below their 30 week moving averages and formed double bottoms, only to take off again about a year later.

I guess that is the nature of Stage 3, it could go either way in Stage 3 always, which is why I think the market breadth is key, as they are a leading indicator, whereas the indexes are lagging.

I'll do a full market breadth update at the weekend, to try to get an idea of the Weight of Evidence currently.

Let's see where it goes. I think I'm staying in cash for now. All my gains from the last couple of months have been wiped out. Still have so much to learn. 4 red days this week and Dow Jones and SPY both below their 30w ma's. I guess a takin a step back wouldn't hurt.

(This post was last modified: 2018-03-24, 12:40 AM by kero.)

Participation indicators (ADline) are still fine. Which would let think that we're just making a "correction" within an ongoing stage 2 trend. I wouldn't consider a stage 3 until we brake some major (= long term) trendline. Which we didn't until now.

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA & S&P 600 small caps

I posted the charts too soon last night, as the breadth figures hadn't been updated yet and are in fact in worse shape in the 40% range currently. So as I said previously, in my opinion we are definitely in Stage 3 now in the US market.

isatrader

US New Highs / New Lows Charts

Attached is the US New Highs / New Lows charts.

isatrader