Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 58

Major Stock Indexes Update

Attached is the updated major equity index charts and relative performance table.

Notes: The VIX has moved above the zero line this week in the relative performance table, and I've highlighted a momentum divergence on the S&P 500 chart which continues to make lower peaks below it's moving average while the price has been making higher highs, which is notably different to the last two years, and so a possible warning.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3463]

US Stock Indexes

European Stock Indexes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Commodities Update and the Dollar Index

Attached is the updated major commodities charts, Gold (GC), Copper (HG), West Texas Intermediate Crude (CL) and the Dollar Index (DX).

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries

Attached is the updated US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries charts.

isatrader

US Industry Sectors

Attached are the updated US Major Sector Charts and relative performance table.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3472]

isatrader

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

Attached is the relative strength lists of the US sub sectors that are listed on chartmill.com

I've created a spreadsheet to start tracking the weekly changes in the US sub sectors by the relative strength change, and have attached the top 50 and bottom 50 lists ordered by change and by the overall relative strength of the groups.

I've also attached the spreadsheet itself so you can see all of the sectors changes.

As I've mentioned before, these sectors are Chartmill's own categorisation, so they don't necessarily all match the Dow Jones US sub sectors, as they've divided them into more sectors than the Dow Jones Indexes have. However, to see the components of each sector go to: http://www.chartmill.com/sectorrankings....1&t=C2&s=0 and click on the name of the sector. To order the list by the Average Relative Strength of each sector you need to select the drop down menu called "Order by" and select Average Relative Strength (DESC).

US Sub Sectors - Top and Bottom 50 (Ordered by Average Relative Strength in the group)

US Sub Sectors - Top and Bottom 50 (Ordered by Change in the group)

Attached Files
.xlsx   US_Sub_Sectors_list_27_9_13.xlsx (Size: 66.13 KB / Downloads: 311)
isatrader

US Industry Sectors Breadth

Below is the data table for the Percent of Stocks Above 150 Day Moving Average in each sector which I've ordered by relative strength, with the highest to the lowest percentage in each sector. Also attached is the visual diagram of the 9 sectors and the NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 150 day Moving Averages line chart.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3507]

isatrader

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

I have been in contact with Chartmill, and they have informed me that the sector charts they use haven't been updated for a long time and that the sector/industry data came from yahoo finance originally. If you do use those sectors then there is a way on the individual charts to find what sector a stock is in by going to the view drop down menu and using the "Technical" view. Here's a quick link: http://www.chartmill.com/stockcharts.php...5&s=25&p=0

The technical view also helpfully shows the Weekly Mansfield RS reading and the Effective Volume ratio's which are for seeing the institutional volume flow.

After searching the internet I've found that a similar screener Finviz.com uses the same sector classifications and has more up to date data, which can be seen here: http://finviz.com/groups.ashx?g=industry&v=110&o=name. However, it's doesn't have the necessary Mansfield RS and other indicators for the method, so I don't think I'm going to keep following these each week in their current state, and will come up with another solution for the sectors.

My initial thoughts are to simply track the weekly changes in the Dow Jones US Sectors on stockcharts, as that data is available here: http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/indust...ECTOR_SPDR, but we wouldn't know the relative performance overall - only the weekly and monthly percentage changes etc. But that might be enough for what we need for the method, and at least we know it is accurate and the sectors are all kept up to date with properly adjusted data. So I think that's the best solution for the time being unless anyone has any other suggestions?

P.S. Another source I've found for checking individual stocks sectors is Bloomberg, as these will very likely be correct, as the Bloomberg terminals are what the pros use. So to check an individual stock go to http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/AAPL:US/profile and change the ticker in url to whatever stock you want to look at.

isatrader

UK FTSE 350 Sectors Relative Performance

Attached is the Relative performance tables for the UK FTSE 350 Sectors. I've managed to code different time periods for the Mansfield Relative Performance reading into my software as well as the Change column, which means I can show both the overall RS list, as well as the change on the previous week and the previous month (4 weeks).

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Overall RS Score

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Weekly Change

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Monthly Change

isatrader