Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 464

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

S&P500 versus Russell 3000

If the price [1] had not just dropped down a little from a recent high then you could imagine that a recovery back into stage 2 was happening.  Looks like Stage 3 at the moment on price [1].  the other signs were looking it was recovering.  But I'm skeptical.

Gold v miners

Price [1] is in a pullback.  Volume has declined with the pullback, a good sign.  Things have been stengthening on the Weinstein Momentum and 1% A/D lines [5, 6]. The % stocks above their 20, 50 and 200 day SMAs looks strong [11, 12 & 13].

Stan Weinstein speaking on twitter spaces now.

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1jMJgePMjRYKL?s=20

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Stan Weinstein interview on Twitter Spaces – 2 April 2022

I've done a quick blog post with links to the 2 recordings from last nights Stan Weinstein interview on Twitter Spaces. Enjoy:

https://www.stageanalysis.net/blog/16131...april-2022

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Stan Weinstein interview on Twitter Spaces – 2 April 2022

(2022-04-03, 02:45 PM)isatrader Wrote: I've done a quick blog post with links to the 2 recordings from last nights Stan Weinstein interview on Twitter Spaces. Enjoy:

https://www.stageanalysis.net/blog/16131...april-2022

This is excellent stiff.  I need to re-listen to the first one again.  I've heard a little of the second.  The second is listed as 59:25, but seems to be longer?  I'll need to listen to it full to check.

From just a cursory listen to the first (I was doing something else at the time) there were three key takeouts:

1. Timescales have shortened considerably.
2. Modern market conditions are not as favourable as they use to be.
3. Everyone needs to take a bit of a trader view, including people investing for the long term.

Point 1. was not presented as necessarily invalidating the 150 day SMA, but a lot of things can happen in shorter time frames nowadays.

Point 2. The market is not the same, the game is not as good as it was owing to the way the market now works.  I got the impression that a number of factors were suspected of causing this, ETFs were cited as part, but only part.  But still worth playing the game (half a loaf is better than none).

Point 3. Markets can turn so rapidly that you need, at least in part, to take a shorter term view to help mitigate the market turning.

Note, the above was from a very cursory listen to part 1 and bits of part 2.

Regarding the recording, Part 1 is identified as being 1:27 long, and appears to loop once the end is reached.  Part 2 is noted as 59:25, but it seems to go on a lot longer, but I've not noticed it looping.  I need to listed to Part2 in its entirety and Part 1 a second time.

Final thought.  Someone ought to convince Stan Weinstein to write a pamphlet, or a new issue of the book with no changes but an extra final chapter covering the changes since the book first came out.  That would be valuable.

(This post was last modified: 2022-04-10, 07:01 PM by pcabc.)

Bombay

There is one stand out area in my breadth charts and when I run my stock screener, the Bombay exchange.  At present its stocks are the filling the top positions in my screener.  Its a pity I can't trade them.  I've calculated a beadth chart, most indicators are about their zero lines, where applicable, or generally heading upwards.

I will add, of course, that the index at the moment is in Stage 3 and looks like rolling over into stage 4 is plausible.  However, the breadth, and number of stocks in my screener is noticable.

Oil & Gas Producers

Oil looks like it is formed into a pennant shaped pattern [1], which it mist exit one way or the other soon.  The market breadth seems positive for all indicators apart from a minor decline the %'s above the 20, 50 and 200 day EMAs [11-13].  The Gold Cross Index [15] is similarly sloping down slightly.  Perhaps this is temporary whilst the oil price decides which way it will go?

S&P500 v Russell 3000

Put simply, the index and all the indicators are pointing downward: