Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 462

+1x ATR(21 day) and -1xATR(21 day) breadth charts

S&P 1500

Stocks above +1x ATR level: 165 (11.00%)
Stocks below -1x ATR level: 434 (28.93%)

The stocks above +1x ATR continues to struggle around 10 to 20% range, and the stocks below -1x ATR closed slightly higher than last week at 28.93%. While the cumulative line continues to trend lower.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

US Software and Services

I thought I'd post this as it shows a text book entry into state 4 [1] for the SPDR Software & Services ETF.  I've calculated the breadth against a basket of market participants.  This was generated on a semi ah-hoc basis so it with a pinch of salt.  Its worth noting that the Weinstein Momentum [5] and Gold Cross Index [15] declined before the peak, % stocks above the 200 day EMA confirms the decline as does the Advance / Decline line [2, red].

Crypto

Bitcoin price has pulled back a little against its recent high [1].  Is !% A/D may be strengthening, but is still -ve [6].  The % cryptos abover their 20 day EMAs has pulled back to below 30% [11].  There are however signs that the % cryptos above their 50 day EMAs and the Silver Cross Index [14] are strengthening.  THe Gold Cross Index [15] however still below its 20 day EMA [15].  Waiting to see if Bitcoin forms a higher low and if crypto breadth in general strengthens.

S&P500 versus Russell 3000

The index [1] looks like it is forming the right shoulder of a head and shoulders pattern.  The Weinstein Momentum [5] index has been below the zero line now for a while.  THe % stocks above their 200 day EMA has been hovering just above 50% but from the trend in that graph might cross below 50%.  The Gold Cross Index [15] is just above 50% but in a long term downtrend.  A break down in the index would not be a surprise.

Premium Members Forum Content Moving

Just a note that the Premium Members Forum content is moving to the front of the website. So to see this weeks market breadth updates go to https://www.stageanalysis.net/members/dashboard

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

S&P500 v Russell 3000

This has pulled up after making a new low [1].  Certainly looks like a Stage 4, the 150 MA is flat, or actually turned downwards minutely.

The cummulative new highs minus new lows are moving down and are below their 100 day SMA [4]. The Weinstein Momentum and related 1% Advance / Decline are below zero [5] & [6].  Over the last week there have been upticks on the McClellan Oscillator [7] and its volume equivalent [9].  THe % stocks above their various EMAs have upticked [11, 12 & 13]. However, the Silver Cross Index [14] has not and the Gold Cross Index [15] has passed down past 50% [15].  All in all bearish.

Gold v Gold Miners & Silver v Silver Miners

There is some cross over between previous metal miners.  They don't always nearly fit into separate categories, especially for platimum.  Also, I've not update the lists recently.  However, I thought I'd show the charts of these metals versus their miners.  Gold and silver may be breaking into Stage 1.  For all these metals the Weinstein Momentum [4] and 1% A/D [6] are below zero but the latter have moved up toward the zero line to some extent, if it crosses then that is a good indication for the miners.

For all the metals their miners % stocks above their 20, 50 and 200 day EMAs has risen.  The Silver Cross Indicies [14] have generally moved up, but with a fall back for some.  THe Gold Cross Indicies are at around the 30% levels but low.

In general it looks like the breadth for the miners is strengthening.

(This post was last modified: 2022-02-27, 03:56 PM by pcabc.)

Bitcoin v cryptos

Bitcoin itself [1] is now below a 150 day SMA that is rather flat, but on my charts is actually falling.  Not a lot, a little.  However, recent lows are higher than previous - so that may be temporary?  New highs minus New Lows [3] is definitely negative.  The other breadth indivators are generally negative.  So, if this is the start of a continuation from Stage 3 for Bitcoin then crypts in general need to strengthen.