Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 415

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

US Sector Breadth Charts

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

Percentage of Stocks above their 20 day EMA in the Nasdaq, NYSE, Nasdaq 100 & S&P 500.

Most approaching the lower zone. Only the Nasdaq 100 below the key 30% level currently. Ideally want to see all 4 in the lower zone for low risk entries to develop

#stocks #trading #investing

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2021-02-28, 03:03 PM)isatrader Wrote: Most approaching the lower zone. Only the Nasdaq 100 below the key 30% level currently. Ideally want to see all 4 in the lower zone for low risk entries to develop

Which begs the question of whether we will see more of a pullback before any bounce?  But who knows?

(2021-02-28, 03:08 PM)pcabc Wrote: Which begs the question of whether we will see more of a pullback before any bounce?  But who knows?

On stronger corrections they always all get to the lower zone. But that could happen as soon as tomorrow if we get a further wave of selling after people review their accounts this weekend. So I'm on alert to potentially do a test buy in the Nasdaq 100 from tomorrow, as my strategy on the swing trades when building the portfolio back up from a 100% cash position is to use the index etf initially, for lower volatility and tight stop loss on a large position size, as then I can gradually add new positions as the proper setups occur over the coming weeks, and scale out of the index etf as I do. As currently there's very few bases in individual stocks that look interesting to me. So I'll likely be doing some test buys in the index with very tight 1% or less stops this week near the lows, which could take multiple attempts.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2021-02-28, 04:09 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-02-28, 03:08 PM)pcabc Wrote: Which begs the question of whether we will see more of a pullback before any bounce?  But who knows?

On stronger corrections they always all get to the lower zone. But that could happen as soon as tomorrow if we get a further wave of selling after people review their accounts this weekend. So I'm on alert to potentially do a test buy in the Nasdaq 100 from tomorrow, as my strategy on the swing trades when building the portfolio back up from a 100% cash position is to use the index etf initially, for lower volatility and tight stop loss on a large position size, as then I can gradually add new positions as the proper setups occur over the coming weeks, and scale out of the index etf as I do. As currently there's very few bases in individual stocks that look interesting to me. So I'll likely be doing some test buys in the index with very tight 1% or less stops this week near the lows, which could take multiple attempts.

That's interesting.  The question I've been asking myself is whether to get out or stay in?  I opened a few positions in my ISA, buying on pullbacks as, after weakening, there was a blip in strength so I opened some positions.  So I was wondering whether I should close down positions now or sell?  But you are looking at buying in a dip just as I'm having these considerations.  I note that my breadth indications are showing weakness, but on the long term scale it it does not look to be weakening.  Perhaps I should have sold half my positions when the market was at a top and there were the first indications of a pullback because it always goes sideways or pulls back at some point.  In my ISA I'm still in good profit, though less, but in my SIPP I'm basically back to where I started.

(2021-02-28, 07:03 PM)pcabc Wrote: That's interesting.  The question I've been asking myself is whether to get out or stay in?  I opened a few positions in my ISA, buying on pullbacks as, after weakening, there was a blip in strength so I opened some positions.  So I was wondering whether I should close down positions now or sell?  But you are looking at buying in a dip just as I'm having these considerations.  I note that my breadth indications are showing weakness, but on the long term scale it it does not look to be weakening.  Perhaps I should have sold half my positions when the market was at a top and there were the first indications of a pullback because it always goes sideways or pulls back at some point.  In my ISA I'm still in good profit, though less, but in my SIPP I'm basically back to where I started.

I'm just testing a potential area of support though. It's certainly not a high conviction trade, as it could easily collapse another -10% from here and still be a normal pullback. So hence my potential trades will be extremely low risk if I put them on and done using exceptionally tight intraday stops. So very different.

isatrader

Nasdaq 100 - Distance from the 10 week and 30 week EMAs

isatrader

Percentage of Stocks above their 20 day EMA in the Nasdaq, Nasdaq 100, NYSE, S&P 500

Nasdaq 100 firmly in the lower zone (15%) & Nasdaq Composite is approaching. Relative strength in the NYSE and S&P 500 which are both in the middle zone currently.

isatrader