Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 413

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

(2021-02-15, 07:28 PM)Sartois Wrote: Yes, the cryptocurrencies could be interesting - I've missed this initial burst up but they seem pretty volatile still, so hopefully I can buy on a dip. I've no idea which I'd buy though.

I'm invested via the bitcoin mining stocks in my SIPP pension in $ARB (Argo Blockchain) on the UK market (41% position size at the moment, as has done really well so far, and $SI on the US market with 38.5% position size in my swing trading account, which again has done really well so far, as both started as 25% positions sizes. So have exposure across three different accounts now via stocks and now actual coins too.

The aim with the actual coins is not to trade them. It's a purely an investment account that I aim to grow with monthly additions, which will also smooth out the volatility too.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2021-02-15, 07:28 PM)Sartois Wrote: Yes, the cryptocurrencies could be interesting - I've missed this initial burst up but they seem pretty volatile still, so hopefully I can buy on a dip. I've no idea which I'd buy though.

I remember seeing bitcoin discussed on a tech site when it was just starting.  I though it an odd idea and moved on.  I probally could have mined some without a hardware outlay.  Later on you basically had to build custom mining rigs and despite getting solar panels I just could not see myself paying for the outlay just for that.  Once it got past the early days it I'm not sure that bitcoin have been worth more than the cost of mining them, the gains have been from the volatility.  Pity, I could have been one of those guys who had mined dozens of them when they were worthless.

S&P 500 and Nasdaq daily charts

S&P 500 remains in a steady uptrend and is not extended from its normal range

Nasdaq also remains in a steady uptrend and is not extended from its normal 3x ATR(21 day) range

#stocks #trading #investing #nasdaq #sp500

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Breadth overviews

Everything seems to have weakend, which matches the pullback in my portfolio.  Platinum miners seems to be the exception, but I'm not sure why they would differ from gold and silver.

US sectors:

UK sectors:

Commodities:

Misc:

US sector charts

Interactive Brokers Trading Account

I recently moved to using Interactive Brokers as my main account, as I wanted a professional level account that would let me trade US stocks and options etc after years of using numerous other brokers, that overcharged and under delivered.

So if anyone is considering moving broker, and wants a professional account (taxable) - then I'd recommend the Interactive Brokers Pro account, as is a world of difference to what I've been used to before with other brokers, and lets me trade in a professional way.

If you use the link below I get a referral fee and you get some free IBKR stock, based on how much you deposit.

https://ibkr.com/referral/david274

isatrader

RE: Interactive Brokers Trading Account

(2021-02-21, 04:56 PM)isatrader Wrote: I recently moved to using Interactive Brokers as my main account, as I wanted a professional level account that would let me trade US stocks and options etc after years of using numerous other brokers, that overcharged and under delivered.

So if anyone is considering moving broker, and wants a professional account (taxable) - then I'd recommend the Interactive Brokers Pro account, as is a world of difference to what I've been used to before with other brokers, and lets me trade in a professional way.

If you use the link below I get a referral fee and you get some free IBKR stock, based on how much you deposit.

https://ibkr.com/referral/david274

Hi Isa, i'm looking at moving my funds around, and need a broker that will allow me to trade US ETFs if i wanted to. I dont suppose you know if they will allow that? and what's the charges like? Looking at the site there's a free trial. i just want relatively low cost and good execution
Thanks for the link
And again looking at the site, they are claiming a SIPP account as well
I remember using them some time ago, and i think it was the platform that i found really annoying. anyway, good luck with them. everyone uses them, and i know they have an API into their data which could be useful for me.
hopefully i'll be in a position to use the referral

RE: Interactive Brokers Trading Account

(2021-02-22, 12:29 AM)malaguti Wrote: Hi Isa, i'm looking at moving my funds around, and need a broker that will allow me to trade US ETFs if i wanted to. I dont suppose you know if they will allow that? and what's the charges like? Looking at the site there's a free trial. i just want relatively low cost and good execution
Thanks for the link
And again looking at the site, they are claiming a SIPP account as well
I remember using them some time ago, and i think it was the platform that i found really annoying. anyway, good luck with them. everyone uses them, and i know they have an API into their data which could be useful for me.
hopefully i'll be in a position to use the referral

I think you'll struggle with US ETFs across the board, as a new law came in at the start of the year I believe, which prohibits non US citizens from trading in them. I had a position in $MJ for example, but couldn't add to it after mid January and was only allowed close only from then on, and all the other US etfs that I track are now not tradable. I was told it was US law change. But don't know any detail on it.

You can get the interactive brokers SIPP via www.atsipp.co.uk, which I'm planning to move to later this year once my current positions are closed. They give you a cash only account for the SIPP. But if you open a standard taxable account, then you can trade with the cash account or margin account, or portfolio margin account if you're really loaded. The margin account gives you up 4x buying power, but 2x on stocks. So if have 100k account, then you could trade £200k of stock for example, or more even if mixed with other products. Personally I'm running at around 100% to 125% invested most of the time recently as the market is so strong, but haven't pushed it to the limits yet, but know a few that do. But I'm considering having an index etf position for 100% of the account, and then using the margin for my daily swing trades.

The platform is different now, they have a new platform, as well as web and mobile options too which some people use for the simplicity of those. But I prefer the TWS desktop platform which has the works, and takes some time to get used to. But once set up after a few youtube videos, it's amazing, as so much you can do with it.

isatrader