Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 410

(This post was last modified: 2020-12-05, 04:07 PM by pcabc.)

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

US sector charts

It definitely looks like financials and utilities are definitely in stage 2, however, highs are still lower than Feb/March so there will be resistance from earlier in the year.

EDIT: There are a lot of UK financials mixed in with US ones, something I need to fix. So take the financials chart with a pinch of salt.

(This post was last modified: 2020-12-05, 08:25 PM by pcabc. Edit Reason: Rather critical typo. )

Commodities:
Oil prices need a higher low and then they might move into stage 2, the averages are pointing up.

Sector overview

There was some very posative breadth in the overview but there seems to have been a general pulllback toward the end of the week.  It will be interesting to see where we are when we get there.

US:

UK:

Commidities:

US Sectors

I think I need to cross check the momentum table in the previous post as some of the numbers in that chart don't seem to tie up with the line slope here.  A bit odd as this is the frist time I have noticed and I've been doing these for a while.

Market Breadth

US Sectors: Percent of Stocks Above 150 Day Moving Averages

Sector Average at 84.16% (-0.69% 1wk) - which is in the Stage 2 zone (Bullish). A fairly neutral week with Communication Services having the biggest gain

*Unique* Combined Chart of NYSE & Nasdaq Percentage of Stocks Above their 50 Day, 150 Day and 200 Day Moving Averages

US Total % Stocks Above their 50 Day, 150 Day and 200 Day Moving Averages = 80.15% (-1.30% 1wk)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Sector market breadth

US:

UK:

Commodities:

US Sector breadth charts

I think energy showed up so strongly in the momentum plot on my previous post owing to the slope of the 50 day MA line. However, it looks like energy is firmly in stage 1 now.  Looking at the price only tech, materials and healthcare look like they are ones to look for with continuations.

US sector charts

It appears that the following have broken out in the last week:

• Consumer discresionary *
  • Financials
  • Health care *
  • Materials *
It looks like the following are on the cusp of potential breakouts:
  • Technology *
  • Indistrials *
  • Energy

* Sectors above their Feb 2020 highs.

A little care is needed with financials, as it has broken out but looks like it is at the resistance point for Feb 2020 highs.